• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lord Howe Stick Insect (1 Viewer)

3 of us....incredible that they have even survived. Thanks for showing this. I'll probably never get to see one, not to mention the island, but am elated just knowing they still exist.

I watched it with my partner last night. As we currently have 13 recently hatched Indian Sticks, it was fantastic to see the emergence, moreso with the rarity factor!

It is interesting to see that young stick insects are green at birth and became brown when they get older.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back