• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

from Jeddah (1 Viewer)

ammadoux

Registered doux
Hello everyone

have for you three from the shore and one from the desert

1- a kind of Cormorant, but which kind i am guessing the Socotra's.

2- my guess is a little tern, Sterna albifrons.

3- the eternal conflict, lesser or greater plover.

4- have no idea.

thanks in advance for your halp

Attachments

• with fish 2.jpg
    with fish 2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 105
  • with fish.jpg
    with fish.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 98
  • unknown2.jpg
    unknown2.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 74
  • unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 116
i'm irritated by the small yellow patch on bill base of lower mandible in the cormorant - otherwise looking like a socotra (but i haven't seen the sp.)

agree on 2 and 3 with tibault (gull-billed and kentish)

4 - no experience with the species either but it looks long billed and long tailed to me. long super. blurry median covert centres. is this a long-billed pipit?

Not sure about the first pic & agree with others on 2 & 3 and agree with Lou for last pic Long Billed Pipit. P.

Hello again

here are two more shots of the Cormorant.

Attachments

• unknown3.jpg
    unknown3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 64
  • unknown4.jpg
    unknown4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 58
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back