• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eden brand (1 Viewer)

Giorgio

Porro bins are a bit like war, they are made by yo
Hi.
I'm opening this thread, as i saw on many forums includind this one (thanks KorHaan), that this Brand was providing excellent optics.
If i am right, their body and eyecups are exactly the same than the Minox, Bushnell, ... Same Bosma factory perhaps.
If i'm let's say this time, not wrong, they should be optically very close to the Minox HG.

Im interested with the Eden XP 10x42.
I see they are Bak4ed, FMC, dielectric + phase.
I redirect your eyes to the Uk site, i assume french language can hurt the most sensible ones, me the first of course.
http://www.edenwebshops.co.uk/en/pt/-eden-quality-binoculars-xp-10x42.htm

Anybody ever looked through? How do they compare to alpha or "semi-alpha" like Vortex, Alpen optics, Zen-Ray, Hawke frontier, etc...
As i'm still waiting for some 7x35 Nikon action that seller doesn't have in stock, ill might cancel the Nikon order to give a try to the Edens.

Last edited:
Georgio,

The current Minox HG is made in Germany and prior to that in Japan. As far as I'm aware the Edens are Chinese made.

Korhan was very enthusiastic about the the XP and Renze has a positive report on the HD in the review section. There was a comparison of the two models in a recent thread.
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=222965

David

Georgio,

The current Minox HG is made in Germany and prior to that in Japan. As far as I'm aware the Edens are Chinese made.

Korhan was very enthusiastic about the the XP and Renze has a positive report on the HD in the review section. There was a comparison of the two models in a recent thread.
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=222965

David

Hit Typo. Thanks for the linky
Im aware the Eden are made in China. An important part of the Minox is made in China (BR, BL). When they say HGs are made in Germany, it doesn't necessarily means that all is made in Germany. There is a part (%) of components made in other countries. The % will never be indicated.

I made a mistake regarding post N°1. I didn't mean the HG but BL Minoxes B :)

Refreshing the thread.
Eden XP 10x42 received.
They are as i thought, from the same factory as the Minox Bvs. See the pictures below.
Exactly the same optic, red tint of the image, same sharpness.
The Edens are more lightweight than the Minox. They are maybe a few brighter.
CAs are really visible by day. High at the center, high at the edges. The sweet spot is really small.
If i had my mp3 with a Beegees song while watching,(same tempo than the 10x shaking?) i would have been in a real dancefloor while watching at some guys through the bins. Red and green fluos everywhere.
They blackout while i watched from left to the right, i'm sending them back tomorrow, as i cannot use them in fact.
It's a shame.
http://imageshack.us/g/703/dsc0115ey.jpg/
Nota: their customer service, is the excellentissimus. Answering to mails withing 10 mins, everytime the correct answers. Exemplary.

Last edited:
Refreshing another time this topic.
After i sent back to Eden the pair of binoculars, i have been totally reimbursed (shipment and the bins).
Their customer service is perfect, they are extremely serious.
Hope this could help somebody interested with this brand of binoculars, be sure that their group takes care of their customers as a mother does it with a baby.

Regards

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back