• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID needed - SW France today (1 Viewer)

BillN

Is this a young Blackcap?

Attachments

• 17th_1.jpg
    17th_1.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 17th_2.jpg
    17th_2.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 17th_3.jpg
    17th_3.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 17th_4.jpg
    17th_4.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 92
Thanks Lou - how about these, hanging around with the above, just below them

Blackcaps?

Attachments

• 17th_5.jpg
    17th_5.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 17th_6.jpg
    17th_6.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 17th_7.jpg
    17th_7.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 17th_8.jpg
    17th_8.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 64
and the 3rd Warbler within a few yards of the other two

young birds?

Attachments

• 17th_9.jpg
    17th_9.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 17th_10.jpg
    17th_10.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 17th_11.jpg
    17th_11.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 35
i don't know how many different birds these are but all look like melodious warblers to me.
edit: ref. to post 3.

Last edited:
i don't know how many different birds these are but all look like melodious warblers to me.

the second set are all images the same bird

the third set are all images of the same bird

Initially I thought the second set were Melodious warblers - but they seemed a little too dull ....... but we have melodious warblers around, as well as Chiffchaffs and Blackcaps

the third set I had no idea which warbler as it is a very young bird

just a few yards away we have a Mulberry tree and when I was taking the above images, all in our garden and within a few mins of each other, there were a couple of young Blackcaps, (both with brown heads), eating from the tree.

Here's the Blackcap, (in a Bay tree) ......... for about 30 mins there seemed to be Warblers all over the place!!!

Attachments

• 17th_BC.jpg
    17th_BC.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Apart for the very last bird which is indeed a Blackcap, all the birds look like Chiffchaffs to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back