• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

michael warren (1 Viewer)

I've a signed poster sized limited edition print of a red kite. It looks like its from the series of kite paintings some of which are in his shorelines book. My wife bought it for me on my birthday at a boot sale for 30 quid. Its ace. I think his work is superb.

Wonder if it's too late to give my hubby a mega-big Christmas pressie hint LOL

Some of those picures are seriously gorgeous! I WANT!!!

GILL

Shorelines was the first bird art book I ever bought. I found it at a bargain price with ripped cover when on holiday in Northumberland and have liked his work ever since. Although I liked the paintings in Shorelines, I thought that the little colour pencil sketches had amazing energy. Looking at his recent work I get the impression that he has reigned in some of occasional stylistic quirks that I felt didn't always quite work.

If Santa was feeling generous I would like the picture with the redstart - or the one with the wheatear and whinchat - or - any really!

I've got the Michael Warren Watercolour Studies calender that I bought from the RSPB shop on the wall of my office, though sadly we are getting to the end (Dec is shorelarks and snow buntings and very nice too) and I haven't seen one for next year. The only problem is that I haven't been able to scribble on it, so that I can keep the pictures.

I just picked up a copy of Shorelines in Barter Books a few days ago...for just £6.60!
The pictures ARE truly inspirational and make your fingers itch to get stuck in yourself with paint and pencils!

GILL

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back