• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (3 Viewers)

Hi all , back after a break
feel a barnie pic. coming on.
some sketches might go with the last one

Attachments

• L1190255.jpg
    L1190255.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 59
  • L1190262.jpg
    L1190262.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 48
  • L1190266.jpg
    L1190266.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 47
  • L1190254.jpg
    L1190254.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 55
Good to see you're still with us Arthur!

Nice sketch sheets, presumably this is your back garden barnie, you lucky B!

Yes, go with the last one, it's virtually perfect for showing off the top of the wing and the underside at the same time.

Mike

All have a great sense of loft! What a treat to be able to see them in your backyard. I don't have a favorite so will just wait to see which one you choose.

I love owls, there is something about them somehow. It must be lovely to have some locally, I do get to hear some where I live (at least I think the one call is a female)
The one with the moon in the background would make a lovely piece of art...
They are all very nice sketches, I also admire the ones with the wings coming down together, just how you see them out hunting at night.

really nice sketches arthur,amazing to have one of these so close,no wonder the sketches are so good! look forward to seeing this one progress

Agreed - I'm glad you've left the owl alone (Mrs always knows best) for two reasons - 1, the painting needs nothing more as its beauty is in its simplicity and 2, knowing when to stop is one of the vital skills any artist has to hone - takes some b100dy doing (unless you happen to be bone-idle, erm, like me . . . . .).

Merry Christmas All.
Time to be a big kid again and enjoy the grandchildren at Christmas.
May the New Year bring you all you hope for.

Attachments

• scan 21-12-2009 22h33m10s.jpg
    scan 21-12-2009 22h33m10s.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 52
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back