• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some stuff from Morroco ! (1 Viewer)

Me neither Andrew - never 'eard of it. But I think I once read Trevor Boyer works in this method - I could be wrong, I am occasionally ;)

Trevor Boyer does work like this from time to time, I remember an old magazine article on him. Though adding the colour didn't do much, it just gave some oystercatchers on black rocks some orange beaks against some grey waves. Nice picture though!

Trevor Boyer does work like this from time to time, I remember an old magazine article on him. Though adding the colour didn't do much, it just gave some oystercatchers on black rocks some orange beaks against some grey waves. Nice picture though!

I'm to lazy to paint a whole piece in gray and then add the colour, just have to get it in there straight away, I must be a heathen!

A,bit more done. starting to come together now. also starting a
Bonelli's Eagle piece.

Andy, I've just noticed that you are preparing a Bonelli's picture.
Because I'm very interested on this particular raptor, I would be very interested
to see the result!
But until then I'm still very impatient to see how the flying Sandgrouses becoming alive!

Spizaetos

Andy, I've just noticed that you are preparing a Bonelli's picture.
Because I'm very interested on this particular raptor, I would be very interested
to see the result!
But until then I'm still very impatient to see how the flying Sandgrouses becoming alive!

Spizaetos

Hi Spizaetos,

Yes I am in the process of putting together a Bonelli's piece . On my trip
to Morroco I was fortunate enough to be able to go up in a small
plane over an area that had mountains to the NW of where we were.
as we past over the lower foot hills that gave way to open desert
a raptor passed beneath us on our right side.

I only had a fleating look at it as we pased over but I was able to look
down onto it. It only could have been one bird an Adult Bonelli's!
the White patch below the nape and between the
upper Scapulars was a big give away and its overall size and shape.

I was so chuffed . i vowed to do a piece using what i had seen

well guy's here is a small advance on the Sandgrouse . I will try and move
it along a bit quicker now. I got distracted by trying to tidy up the studio!

not being able to see the floor and wading up to my
ankles in references and artists Detritus!got to ware
a bit thin. And you think I'm Joking!!!

Anyway here's the attached Image

Attachments

• IMG_3076.jpg
    IMG_3076.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 132
Just another little teaser for you ! still not finished but coming
along nicely.

Not sure I've got enough movement going on yet though?

Attachments

• IMG_3206.jpg
    IMG_3206.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 142
I just wonder how many folk have viewed this piece and simply allowed their jaws to drop open without leaving comment?
I'm going to do the same - almost.
Feckineck!

I've been going to route of expletives every time I see the next version -- gobsmackingly good! Finish, finish, finish!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back