• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WT Eagle - age (1 Viewer)

Indiana

Hallo

It is possible to try how is this ex old?

Thank

Attachments

• DSC_7874w.jpg
    DSC_7874w.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_7875w.jpg
    DSC_7875w.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC_7877w.jpg
    DSC_7877w.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_7879w.jpg
    DSC_7879w.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC_7881w.jpg
    DSC_7881w.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 71
I would think around 3rd Calender year, based on plumage and bill pattern though there are far more experienced than me on these birds here.

Thank you very much (my idea was so third fourth year(non adulut, non reproduced ex)) But I am not so experienced in this (WT eagle is very unsual in my region)

P5 seems to be missing on both wings. This rules out a 2cy bird (as they haven't started to moult yet), and we're left with 3cy and 4cy (older birds should look more like adults). 3cy birds should be moulting about P4-P6 during this time of the year, and 4cy birds about P7-P9, so 3cy seems to be the better choice. Plumage features like the rather dark head would support this also.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back