• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Red-tailed hawk with pure white underside? (2 Viewers)

overworkedirish said:
4. ...if by far away you mean neighboring states. And Allegan, MI is near the west coast of Lake Michigan - If Wyoming is in the Krider's range, it's not such an unbelievable possibility for Michigan to be in it as well. I'm not an expert on Red-tailed subspecies, which is why I left my little disclaimer:

Are you kidding? Seriously? Maybe you mean Wisconsin. Wyoming is bordered by Utah, Idaho, Montana, the Dakotas and Nebraska and is in the Mountain time zone. Michigan is bordered by Ohio, Indiana, Canada, 4 of the Great Lakes and the upper peninsula borders Wisconsin and is in the Eastern time zone.

Katy Penland said:
Don't forget Minnesota in there, Affe. :t: However, this state is within Krider's range. Not that it is a Krider's. ;)

Minnesota borders Wisconsin to the west but doesn't touch Michigan or Wyoming.:t: But you are correct, it is still within range for Krider's. I wouldn't argue that.

Katy Penland said:
No, no, I know, I was simply including it as it's one of the "buffer states" between Wyoming and Michigan. ;)

Haha, alright. I get it now. I was worried for a second but get what you are saying now.

affe22 said:
Maybe you mean Wisconsin.

Hahaha! Oh MAN, sorry about that - complete brainfart on my part - I totally swapped the states in my mind, that's why I was confused. They both start with "W" and all... eh, oh well, sorry about that affe, lol.

overworkedirish said:
Hahaha! Oh MAN, sorry about that - complete brainfart on my part - I totally swapped the states in my mind, that's why I was confused. They both start with "W" and all... eh, oh well, sorry about that affe, lol.

No worries. We've all done it before. ;)

I've seen Red Tails with white chests and bellies like this one in Northeast Pa. near the Delaware River, albeit there were some spotted marks on their lower abdomens. Their patagial marks were quite prominent.
Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back