• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birding in son bou menorca?any advice please (2 Viewers)

malgringo

hi i am going to son bou menorca on 21st june oooow not long know,never been abroad bird watchin so excited so much,will there be much there at this time of year?and where to go in son bou to see them,prob wont have hire car so be allround this area as only going for 7 days,any advice will be really apreciated,thank you mal

Hi Malgringo,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators, welcome to Bird Forum :t:

It's a few years since we visited Menorca, but from what I recall of the Son Bou area, there should be plenty of raptors to see along the roads from the centre of the island down to the coast. The Birding Locations directory above contains this information about Son Bou. There may be other reports in there too.

Other locations from the directory can be found here SPAIN CANARIES AND BALEARIC ISLANDS

We have stayed at various resorts, but by far the best was Cala Galdana. Apart from the Algendra Gorge a must see location, the cliff top paths through the sparsely wooded area contained numerous species including Woodchat Shrike, Stonechat, Hoopoe, Kestrel, various Warblers etc...

I should also say that if you do visit Cala Galdana then pop into the reception of the Hotel Sol Elite Gavilanes as they sell an excellent little guide to short local birding walks around the resort.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back