• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Just how good are the shade/viewers (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the link, Jay. I am just getting to grips with histograms after ignoring their apparent complexity for years. Whoever put that site together certainly understands the ins and outs of explanatory writing.

scampo said:
Thanks for the link, Jay. I am just getting to grips with histograms after ignoring their apparent complexity for years. Whoever put that site together certainly understands the ins and outs of explanatory writing.

Yes - I like his writing. You can regularly find Larry on the Nikon5000 and oolpix990 groups on Yahoo Groups. He is a retired or semi-retired professional photographer who seems to have a strong teaching gene. He's a huge fan of the CP5000 - as ai am.

Jay, that web site is a fabulous tutorial. I was nearly totally ignorant of use of histograms because none of my previous cameras had them. Now the new Olympus C-60 zoom has added it. Boy would that have solved my Sapsucker problem. You can set the menu to show the histogram on playback, and I turned it off, not knowing how to use the information. Thanks again.

Also, I'm posting two different magnifications/crops of Band-tailed pigeon pair in our tree shot yesterday at 1/20 second shutter using mount and remote. I think its impressive what one can get when all is steady on the equipment.

Sunshades

alan_rymer said:
After looking at Andy B's site ( I think, or maybe on here ), I bought a £1.99 (plastic) slide viewer from Jessops, took the base off and stuck velcro on the viewer and camera and it magnifies a treat, I use a Canon Powershot A80 with a tiny 1.5" LCD!.

Alan,Interested in your comments. Have just started digiscoping with Canon A70 and Leica 77APO . What camera settings do you use. Hope you don't mind me asking.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back