• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

One Year On (1 Viewer)

Great stuff!!! The nuthatch and the sprwak are my personal favourites. great title for the new thread too - and just hlook how far you've come in that year . . .

A few dabbles in the world of art of late. Id been playing around with dog pictures in graphite but I have time to put together a couple of wildlife pieces on paper. Another attempt at acrylics again ended up abandoned half way through. I have tended to have a pencil in the hand rather than a brush but a quick painting of a Water Rail to get me back on track again.

Attachments

• seal 001 (600 x 449).jpg
    seal 001 (600 x 449).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 62
  • hello kitty 002 (494 x 700).jpg
    hello kitty 002 (494 x 700).jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 57
  • waterrail 001 (396 x 600).jpg
    waterrail 001 (396 x 600).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 71
A couple of Pastel Pictures and a new medium for myself. I really enjoyed the big fat dusty s but I may get a few pastel pencils to accompany them in the near future ;)

Attachments

• lioness 002 (600 x 479).jpg
    lioness 002 (600 x 479).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 59
  • wolf 001 (600 x 428).jpg
    wolf 001 (600 x 428).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Great work on all these since my last visit! I particularly like the kingfisher and the most recent hawk.

I have been messing around with non wildlife drawings of late. But yesterday saw a feathered friend develop with the paint. I used decent paper which took water very well. Also slipped in a pair of Phants with graphite

Attachments

• snow bunting 001 (412 x 600).jpg
    snow bunting 001 (412 x 600).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 96
  • fants 004 (445 x 600).jpg
    fants 004 (445 x 600).jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
You have postet a lot of fine work lately, and I especially liked the pastels! The lioness is really beautiful. It's a medium I really think you should explore further.

Ive had little time of late as well becoming a bit despondent about my art. A quickish splash around with the paints was most welcome and a Black Necked Grebe was born;) A3 size

Attachments

• bng 002 (600 x 436).jpg
    bng 002 (600 x 436).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 85
Very nice Paul.

It's too bad that this forum has become so quiescent. I feel lucky to have been here over the past few years when it was very lively. Though it's easy to get despondent in this field I think that feeling you're part of a group of like-minded, well more or less, people makes you feel much more hopeful about what you're doing.

Hopefully that will return here one day. In the meantime keep working. As I've said before I think you're a natural at this.

I have to agree with the others- this is a great start of the new year! Or new, and new... ;) My absolute favorite is your hawk in watercolors. He is just simply gorgeous!

Had a play today after to long a break. Not being a natural artist id taken a dozen steps back :-O It was only an hours doodle but Im still disapointed with it

Attachments

• back at it 010 (464 x 600).jpg
    back at it 010 (464 x 600).jpg
    55 KB · Views: 93
Takes me back to April when my local paddocks had a bumper crop of these...great bird and excellent painting...my only advice would be darkening up the throat a bit...I tried it crudely on the computer and think it makes it extra redstarty (!)...
Nick

Had a play today after to long a break. Not being a natural artist id taken a dozen steps back :-O It was only an hours doodle but Im still disapointed with it

I sometimes think that being disappointed a bit is just part of having high ambitions. They just go together.

Looks goot to me and as I've said before I think watercolor comes quite naturally to you. Keep at it!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back