• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

EL 10X50 Swaro's only $2K from $2,799 at Cabella's (1 Viewer)

dwever

So I'm interested in the 10X50 EL's marked $800 off and in stock. I heard they're discontinued?

What is the scoop before I potentially buy? Are they being replaced?

Attachments

• IMG_3895.jpg
    IMG_3895.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 99
I checked the Cabela's site and also did a Google search and the only listing I came up with was a price of $2,799. I even added it to the shopping cart to see if a discount was applied but it was not. I do not what is going on.

The $2,000 price is about what they got a year and a half ago when closing out the non Profield version.

No. This was yesterday in a Cabela's retail store with updated neck-strap attachments. Wish I had snapped a pic.

No. This was yesterday in a Cabela's retail store with updated neck-strap attachments. Wish I had snapped a pic.

The Cabela's store in my area places the binocular on a plastic stand and the stand has a printed tag describing the model and shows the price. Did you happen to look at the tag to confirm that the binocular was on the correct stand for that model?

I doubt if it was a discount for a store demo because the policy I was told at my store last year was they do not discount the display model when it is all that is left in inventory.

If the price is correct and you want it, then Chuck is right on!

Yes, it is the Huntsville store. I'm going by again this afternoon, at a minimum I'll get exactly which unit it is and a picture.

Here is the tag for the 10X50 and 12X50 at the AZ Cabela's store as of yesterday.

Swaro Price.jpg

Sorry, but no sale here.

Posts like this always make the voices in my head start up again.

They tell me I should have bought the 10X50 instead of the 10X42.

As usual, I will ignore them and they will go away.

Turning that voice off is hard. I think it's our endless number of choices nowadays (not just limited to binoculars). It's hard to stay happy with your choice because you keep thinking of what you don't have.

I have not seen both, but the differences people report are probably not huge, especially in daytime viewing. Just remember that you have one of the best 10x42's in the world.

Turning that voice off is hard. I think it's our endless number of choices nowadays (not just limited to binoculars). It's hard to stay happy with your choice because you keep thinking of what you don't have.

I have not seen both, but the differences people report are probably not huge, especially in daytime viewing. Just remember that you have one of the best 10x42's in the world.

Agree with Jack, Maljunulo!

The 10X42EL and the 10X50EL are Much Closer in optics than Any differences. However, size and weight differences are Very Noticeable!

Enjoy what you have...IMO, they Are one of the Best! :t:

Ted

If you're not stargazing then the 10X42 is the way to go. I bought the 10X50 SV for stargazing but found it was excellent in daytime. However, when I picked up the 10X42 Zeiss SF I realized how much better a lighter model would be for daytime use. As it is, I use an 8X for most daylight use and the 10X50 for hawk watching and stargazing. When properly mounted (zero bin movement), star fields are glorious in the 10X50 SV. Then again, starfields are extremely impressive in my wife's 8X32 SV...again when properly mounted.

Now they have started muttering about the new Leica Noctivid.

Now they have started muttering about the new Leica Noctivid.

I apologize to any Leica fans here and I have no intention of stirring trouble, but my brain is tuned to automatically dismiss anything made by Leica, purely because of the poor warranty experiences others have posted. Of course there are a few good stories, but the general impression I get is that Swarovski and Zeiss are leagues better. I admit they make some handsome looking binoculars and I do hope the company becomes more accommodating to the customers in the future (hint hint if any Leica reps are reading).

In regards to those voices Maljunulo, maybe take a little break from the binocular forum?

I apologize to any Leica fans here and I have no intention of stirring trouble, but my brain is tuned to automatically dismiss anything made by Leica, purely because of the poor warranty experiences others have posted. Of course there are a few good stories, but the general impression I get is that Swarovski and Zeiss are leagues better. I admit they make some handsome looking binoculars and I do hope the company becomes more accommodating to the customers in the future (hint hint if any Leica reps are reading).

Agree completely.

FWIW, Leica's USA Passport Lifetime Warranty is Superb (Defects or Accidental Damages)...but only to the Original Purchaser, bought through an Authorized Leica dealer and registered within 30 days of the sale! It is not transferable! Quote from Optics Planet, "By returning the product to Leica (including the piece with the identifying serial number) with a check for $35 for shipping and handling, Leica will repair or replace the product at no charge during the lifetime of the original purchaser, following acknowledgement of registration by Leica Camera, Inc. (USA)."

Those binoculars that I've had an opportunity to use, I really liked their optics and ergonomics. I'd consider a valid dealers purchased, but was turned off by their "non-transferable warranty". This is not really an issue, unless you wanted\needed to sell used! Great products, but there's No Reason for not providing a "Complete Transferable Warranty"! Guess I'm just spoiled by Swaro and Zeiss!! :t:

Ted

Yes, it is the Huntsville store. I'm going by again this afternoon, at a minimum I'll get exactly which unit it is and a picture.

Were you able to find out anything more and any idea why it seems to only be on sale at some stores but not all?

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back