• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Summer Meet 2011 (1 Viewer)

I have some shots of the gull I haven't processed yet. Not sure how useful but seemed to show the unnotched tertials when I checked em in the field.

Shame I had to pull out at the last minute. dodgy feet. Y-l gull would have been a lifer as well as a good few year and Yorkshire ticks. nice one guys

excellent day out on Sunday.

A belated 'big-up' to James who not only nailed the Storm Petrel ID in plenty of time for everyone to get on it but managed to pick out the juv Y-L gull at distance in a huge ruck of other stuff. well done mate (and thanks for getting me a lifer!)

There's a juv Y-L gull picture on the Portland obs website from a few days ago that is identikit.

excellent day out on Sunday.

A belated 'big-up' to James who not only nailed the Storm Petrel ID in plenty of time for everyone to get on it but managed to pick out the juv Y-L gull at distance in a huge ruck of other stuff. well done mate (and thanks for getting me a lifer!)

There's a juv Y-L gull picture on the Portland obs website from a few days ago that is identikit.

Cheers fella - just luck to get the words out first with the stormy and handy that I had gen'd up on YL Gull the day before we went.

I agree with Rob, great skills, i was only willing to call black looking bird on the horizon and never willing to stick my neck out.

Mark.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back