• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sketches (1 Viewer)

jomo

I haven't been doing as much sketching as I'd like lately, but whenever I get a few hours during the weekend I usually head to Burlington. LaSalle Marina is a great place for waterfowl, and it's quite thrilling to stand in the midst of squabbling pairs of Trumpeter Swans on the beach. If the winds aren't too strong, I'll usually hit Burlington Canal for Long-tailed Ducks off the pier. LaSalle has also been harbouring a few 'summer' residents -- an elusive Brown Thrasher that I have yet to spot, and a Towhee usually found in the company of the Cardinals below the feeders. Back home, fat, puffy Juncos at the window keep me entertained whenever I don't feel like braving the cold.

Attachments

• sketchbook 2007-01-07-2.jpg
    sketchbook 2007-01-07-2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 174
  • sketchbook 2007-01-07-4.jpg
    sketchbook 2007-01-07-4.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 157
  • sketchbook 2007-01-13-2.jpg
    sketchbook 2007-01-13-2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 174
  • sketchbook 2007-01-21.jpg
    sketchbook 2007-01-21.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 153
  • sketchbook 2007-01-28.jpg
    sketchbook 2007-01-28.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 170
jomo said:
I haven't been doing as much sketching as I'd like lately, but whenever I get a few hours during the weekend I usually head to Burlington. LaSalle Marina is a great place for waterfowl, and it's quite thrilling to stand in the midst of squabbling pairs of Trumpeter Swans on the beach. If the winds aren't too strong, I'll usually hit Burlington Canal for Long-tailed Ducks off the pier. LaSalle has also been harbouring a few 'summer' residents -- an elusive Brown Thrasher that I have yet to spot, and a Towhee usually found in the company of the Cardinals below the feeders. Back home, fat, puffy Juncos at the window keep me entertained whenever I don't feel like braving the cold.
Exceptional field work!
Thank you for sharing!

I'm looking forward to see more...

Spizaetos

http://dougalis-wildlifeart.blogspot.com/

Jomo - You've been conspicuous by your absence, but what a way to announce your return - tremendous group of drawings, the junco and the fem. long-tailed duck drawings are outstanding - beautifully observed and sensitively executed. Excellent.

buzzard12 said:
Great to have you back Jomo, great sketches, particularily like the scratching swan and the top junco...

Oh they are nice. The middle preening Long-tailed Duck would be my pick of the bunch.

Thanks, everyone! This forum seems to get busier all the time -- quite the artistic community we've got going here.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back