• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hand Warmers (2 Viewers)

Thanks to all, I have now bought the charcoal handwarmers, tried them out yesterday and was very suprised how warm they get, one stick lasted at a good heat for 3.5 hours although I suspect if it was colder the time would be less. Thanks again Boger

Yes,my charcoal sticks arrived yesterday,and I think the gloves may have arrived on Frid,Parcel Force is re delivering tommorrow.Just need a free day,nice and cold ,with NO WIND and RAIN!!!.will say how the gloves are once tried.

I used the ones which were like a charcoal stick which you ignited and then put into a tin and pouch, I found they were more trouble than they were worth as the stick kept going out.

These are great except they have a distinct smell!! My wife has banned my barbour jacket to the garage now due to the smell of these handwarmers.... Or maybe its time for a shower? (No its not my birthday for another eight months!!)

I like the idea of the electric socks!! You must need a long extension lead though.............

I have used one of them charcoal hand warmers, however i stopped because i didnt fancy the thing accidently opening and burning a hole right through my Paramo pocket ;-)

I used to have a pair (maybe more) of the velvet covered charcoal warmers in my fishing days, natty little red velvet bags for them as well.
I do remember trying the break them in half and having 4 ends glowing but they used to go out thru lack of oxygen getting in, in fact two ends burning was pushing it.... one end was recommended, i think

I loved the smell.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back