• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (6 Viewers)

Hi George, ok! but don't know about learning from them.
starting to get a feel for it by bringing in the background

Attachments

• L1060804.jpg
    L1060804.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 75
  • L1060805.jpg
    L1060805.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 93
Hi Arthur sir many thanks for response,a very detailed sketch there Arthur imagine need to keep your wits about you.Can see the background taking shape its further into the sketch is where imagine it can get a bit hairy.As a matter of interest do you work from photos Arthur.
GEORGE

I use a lot of aids for reference George but you have to get out there and sketch to know your subject and get the Gizz or feel. I like to put the subject in its habitat which can take a lot longer than the bird
a bit more done been enjoying a lovely day here.

Attachments

• L1060811.jpg
    L1060811.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 85
I use a lot of aids for reference George but you have to get out there and sketch to know your subject and get the Gizz or feel. I like to put the subject in its habitat which can take a lot longer than the bird
a bit more done been enjoying a lovely day here.

Great to see you back Arthur, love seeing you paintings develop.

Moving on now Arthur clever how you can gradually work through that maze of detail,really you must have tremendous concentration.Looking really great can see as the background begins to appear how the painting comes together.Many thanks Arthur for placing this on forum.
Regards GEORGE.

Hi George, some more background in
background done no more till its finished now

Attachments

• L1060823.jpg
    L1060823.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 63
  • L1060825.jpg
    L1060825.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Arthur thats great sir could see the background coming together, but could not get my head around the very fine detail which belonged to the painting.As you have indicated the landscape surrounding the bird is equally important as the bird.Many thanks Arthur for placing it on the forum sir,really amazing watching that come stage by stage great.
GEORGE.

There is some intense greenery going on there Arthur it would be a cracking painting without any bird in it, only made better with a Sedgy :t: (come back Sedge Warblers I miss you already)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back