• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eii (1 Viewer)

dries1

I purchased two EIIs and the first one is spot on, the second one the diopter is set on 1 (0) for the first one, and it requires more suttle focusing when panning, and the sweet spot is not as comfortable, I am wondering is the second one is ever slightly out of collimation, will check today.
For $431.00 perhaps Nikon does not do QA/QC as well as on the high grade models, and they do not promote the eII like the alphas, what a shame I have always appreciated the porro, and it seems no one including Nikon is making high end ones any more.

I bought another HG new for 550 and they are spot on like the first one I purchased. Very pleased with the (2) 8X32s and the 10X32 Hgs I have purchased.

If this second EII bugs me enough, I will likely send them back to Amazon for a replacement? what a pain, or get something else, frustrating since I really like the EII, and wanted to have a stable wide view porro for the truck.
The first one I purchased will be a definite keeper.
Regards,

Andy W.

I have to say I have made a mistake regarding my second purchase of an EII. It is now clear that my right eye was under strain from too much time facing a very white computer screen over 16 hours for work and after a nights rest, it was much better today. Enjoyed the EII in all kinds of woods and hills in Southeast PA.

The EII is great and I really appreciate the wide field of view which is wider than all my other 8X30 porros. This is a great all around glass and will get much use.

I bought two and they appear to be going up in price.

Andy W.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back