• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

zen ray customer service (1 Viewer)

crowinghen

I am sorry to post here, but Zen ray's message box is full--

Hi- I have been trying to reach you on phone and e-mail. I finally decided to try reaching you here, so I joined this forum.
My bino's that I got from you one month ago cannot be focused together- using the diopter ring, it just won't go far enough so both eyes are in focus. I would like to get these shipped off to you for return or repair, as I have a hunting trip coming up next week.
please contact me by email or phone -- I have left several messages and emails have also been sent
thanks

Susie ingham

I meant birding expedition. Is that better?
I actually do use my binos to watch birds, just the other day saw a huge gray owl. I should stick around and learn about them!

I meant birding expedition. Is that better?
I actually do use my binos to watch birds, just the other day saw a huge gray owl. I should stick around and learn about them!
You said hunting. Don't think there's much room for misinterpretation there. Enjoy your owl watching

Bunch of hunters on line down here, no big deal.

Charles can be a little slow to pick up but usually takes care of the issue quickly once he finds out.

Hunting trip?
Think you might have chosen the wrong forum.

Slow down or it won't be long before someone starts picking on the astro community who post on here, and making them wear stars :brains:,
or the extreme minority who use a six power binocular for looking ahead at the traffic signs when their wife is driving :girl: :flowers: ;)

Many possess firearms certificates, for the rest there is Xbox :t:

Best wishes,

Why on Earth does it matter if he mentions a hunting trip??? He most certainly posted in the correct forum. Hope he gets his issue resolved.

As you will see from other posts about Zen Ray, their Customer Service is basically...nonexistent. None at Zen Ray answers their phone or replies emails; at least not regularly, but I hope you will be lucky....

Dear Susie,

Thanks for alerting me that my inbox is full. I believe my colleagues have already communicated with you initiate the warranty service process. If there is anything else that I can assist you, please feel free to PM or email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks

Charles

Susie: your prayers have been listened to....Charles has read your post....
Charles: there have been numerous criticisms of your "customer service" but no real improvement. I know that you are doing your best and that you are a good professional, but that does not seem to be enough---would it be so difficult to set up a time of the day when you answer your phone (even for only 1/2h) and clean-up your server so that you can receive (and answer) emails?

dissing hunters

I haven't been on the forum for quite a while but have we become so self important that it's ok to dis hunters? I don't hunt and never will, but c'mon this is political correctness gone crazy.

I haven't been on the forum for quite a while but have we become so self important that it's ok to dis hunters? I don't hunt and never will, but c'mon this is political correctness gone crazy.

Has nothing to do with politics. This is a private forum and BF rules/policy states that hunting is not permitted in discussion:

"BirdForum is about the enjoyment and appreciation of WILD birds and other WILDLIFE. Please help us keep BirdForum wild. Please - no discussions relating to hunting, pigeon racing, the keeping of caged birds, captive birds or falconry. Please do not upload photos of nests or eggs to BirdForum."

I'm not bothered by him briefly mentioning his hunting trip.
HOWEVER, some members may be, as this is a wild bird forum dedicated
to the discussion and appreciation of wild birds and some members very well may be against sport hunting. It is not a hunting forum. I joined the forum because it's a wild bird forum for bird watchers. I would join a hunting forum if I was interested in hunting. I like that BF is purely for birders and would like it to stay that way and support the rules of discussion to keep it about birding.

The binocular forum is the only subforum on BF where hunting is mentioned casually, as there are many hunters who frequent the optics forum. Some are hunter/birders and some are pure hunters who may never go birding.

Not the end of the world to me if someone mentions hunting briefly, but don't be surprised if others object on a forum that prohibits any hunting discussion.

Astronomy is apparently not prohibited in discussion.

Last edited:
GiGi said it like it is.

Some folks feel uncomfortable with the concept of killing for fun and don't find it much of an achievement to shoot something that can't shoot back.

Probably some of us realise that in some locations some deer species need to be controlled due to a lack of wild predators and it is appreciated that the management of large areas of land for hunting benefits species other than game-species although the illegal killing of some birds of prey is a negative in some areas.

Personally I welcome the opinion of hunters and astronomers and others about binoculars and telescopes and we are fortunate to have moderators who employ good sense and a gentle hand in this regard despite this being a Bird Forum.

Lee

GiGi said it like it is.

Some folks feel uncomfortable with the concept of killing for fun and don't find it much of an achievement to shoot something that can't shoot back.

Probably some of us realise that in some locations some deer species need to be controlled due to a lack of wild predators and it is appreciated that the management of large areas of land for hunting benefits species other than game-species although the illegal killing of some birds of prey is a negative in some areas.

Personally I welcome the opinion of hunters and astronomers and others about binoculars and telescopes and we are fortunate to have moderators who employ good sense and a gentle hand in this regard despite this being a Bird Forum.

Lee

The problem with the argument as I see it, it's pretty hard to eat meat with out killing something. And growing up in a rural area, being involved in the FFA all thru school, you come to understand the term, hog killin time. And feed lots are a horrible way of life for an animal. The concept of whether fins, feathers or fur, you dont kill it unless you eat it is still held in many places.

But I see the argument taken the other way on some hunting forums, where there is discussion of how much damage raptors do to young fawns and how they should be controlled. That concept is just as dangerous as those who wish the opposite.

I do admire those who put their money where their mouth is, and see the taking of any life, whether for food or not as negative karma.

The yin and yang of the carbon cycle I guess.

Last thing we want to do is have a debate on whether hunting is good or bad here. This type of convo should only be discussed in ruffled feathers and even there it may not be appropriate since the BF rules state the topic is off the table in the entire forum. The point of my post wasn't to bring about a debate on hunting. I was simply reminding people of the BF discussion rules after some had a strong reaction to post#2 (the poster's comment is backed by the rules/policy). I offered a reason why some may not like hunting discussion on a wild bird forum , but maybe I should have omitted that part. BF rules explain why hunting is prohibited in discussion well enough.

As GG has pointed out this is a wild bird/nature forum. If Hunting is your main focus of interest then there are plenty of hunting forums on the internet
No one is looking to be difficult. Just stating the guidelines, so please, limit your discussion on hunting and stick with optics to do with wild birds/nature in general.

As GG has pointed out this is a wild bird/nature forum. If Hunting is your main focus of interest then there are plenty of hunting forums on the internet
No one is looking to be difficult. Just stating the guidelines, so please, limit your discussion on hunting and stick with optics to do with wild birds/nature in general.

Also this thread is about Zen Ray customer service...............nothing to do with hunting!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back