• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HMW Handbook of the Mammals of the World (2 Viewers)

My copy of Vol 6 arrived yesterday. Aside from some significant scuff damage to the cover (replacement to be requested), everything in perfect condition. I've only spent an hour with it so far, but it is incredibly impressive - truly amazing, the artwork stunning and the text as comprehensive as knowledge to date permits.

cheers, alan

I have further questions on the content:

Why did they placed the coneys and hutias in the family Echimyidae instead in their own family Capromyidae?
Did they recognize the rediscovery of Cuscomys oblativa?
Are there accounts of the possibly extinct species Dipodomys gravipes, Biswamoyopterus biswasi, Capromys garridoi, Mesocapromys nanus, and Mesocapromys sanfelipensis?

Don't know how Lynx have structured their distribution but still not got mine and don't expect it for a few days yet.

My supplier was very surprised to be told almost a month ago that people had started to receive theirs having been told by Lynx that only an amount sufficient for display at Birdfair had been printed?

Andy

My copy of Vol 6 arrived yesterday. Aside from some significant scuff damage to the cover (replacement to be requested), everything in perfect condition. I've only spent an hour with it so far, but it is incredibly impressive - truly amazing, the artwork stunning and the text as comprehensive as knowledge to date permits.

cheers, alan

btw, Lynx replaced cover straight away - great service, thanks

cheers, a

btw, Lynx replaced cover straight away - great service, thanks

cheers, a

Very surprised at this situation, many got theirs a month ago and still no sign of mine through Wildsounds.

Btw Allan, Wildsounds did say that they don't ship direct to customers from Lynx anymore due to persistent issues with damaged books.

Andy

I have always purchased through Lynx. All parcels to Australia have been very securely packaged, and have usually arrived within 5 weeks of publication.
Kevin

I've always got mine direct from Lynx + they are so well packaged it's unlikely to get damaged under normal circumstances.

Really wondering what's happened with mine?

A

Already sent them an e-mail? I ordered mine at Lynx edicions directly, but it also hasn't been sent yet, I asked them about this and it appeared that they have overlooked my order in the shipping process.... Maybe the same has happened with yours?

Already sent them an e-mail? I ordered mine at Lynx edicions directly, but it also hasn't been sent yet, I asked them about this and it appeared that they have overlooked my order in the shipping process.... Maybe the same has happened with yours?

I spoke with them just over a week ago, they hadn't even got any from Lynx then.

Their original given date for the book was 30th Aug and they seemed shocked that some were actually in receipt of theirs a month earlier than this?

Andy

Last edited:
We do just haven't up dated site ! We have got 4 in stock £129.00 each 01743 709420 be quick! Tell them I said so!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back