• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Plant name anyone please, Crete, Greece (1 Viewer)

ColD

Save the Egyptian Vulture in Greece
Cannot find this in any of my plant books, any ideas?
Many thanks
ColD

Attachments

• IMG_4241_1.jpg
    IMG_4241_1.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 76
Yes, a Rumex sp - I also pass on the species - no idea which ones are on Crete but with Rumex genus and a book on Cretian flora it shouldn't be too hard.

Sorry never got any close ups of one of the flowers, this is the best I have.
There were lots of them spread over a large area in a mountainous area of Garrigue at about 700-900 mtrs.

Thanks
ColD

Attachments

• aIMG_4243.jpg
    aIMG_4243.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 51
  • aIMG_4250.jpg
    aIMG_4250.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 49
  • aIMG_4312.jpg
    aIMG_4312.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 64
Yes, a Rumex sp - I also pass on the species - no idea which ones are on Crete but with Rumex genus and a book on Cretian flora it shouldn't be too hard.

Nothing at all in the Crete or Mediterranean books, tried googling and still none the wiser other than its a Rumex sp ! Will settle for that to label the image for now and will continue the search.
Thanks very much
ColD

After much hunting on the web ...Its not in any of the flower guides !
Rumex tuberosus ssp. creticus
ColD

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back