• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK binocular deals, special offers and bargains (1 Viewer)

Jesspos still appear to have some reasonable deals, especially on nikon.
http://www.jessops.com/Directory/catalogue.ashx/categoriesLT;jessops_8?fh_location=//jessops/en_GB/isvisible=1/categories<jessops_8/&xslp_filterType=simple

Long may this thread live as I only order binos mail-order as there is no-where near me to try any out.

Rgds
RichC

I managed to "suppress" a mint pair of 7x42 SLC's (boxed ect) until I bought them this morning. £450 from Focus Optics, great range of secondhand stuff (Leica Ultravid 8x32HD's for £850 anybody?!) and Ian is a top chap to deal with.

I managed to "suppress" a mint pair of 7x42 SLC's (boxed ect) until I bought them this morning. £450 from Focus Optics, great range of secondhand stuff (Leica Ultravid 8x32HD's for £850 anybody?!) and Ian is a top chap to deal with.

Sounds like a cracking deal. Do you have a link to their secondhand stuff?

Some Nikon offers

Well the used Nikon 8x30 EII has finally gone from SWOptics but*
Cameraworld have a demo Nikon 8x30 EII for a bit more as well as a used Action EX 8x40 for quite a bit less; both six months warranty.

SWoptics have a used 8x32 EDG (with full warranty apparently) for a bit under retail for anyone interested in that model.

I have just received my weekly email from Uttings, listing their weekly specials. There are some very good offers on optics but for me the star is probably the Zeiss Victory 8x32 FL Simon King Special Edition at £899. It's not the latest model but it still looks like a bargain to me. Link here.

Ron

I have just received my weekly email from Uttings, listing their weekly specials. There are some very good offers on optics but for me the star is probably the Zeiss Victory 8x32 FL Simon King Special Edition at £899. It's not the latest model but it still looks like a bargain to me. Link here.

Ron

Hi Ron

FL 8x32s are still current and have not been replaced.
Lee

For UK buyers I just bought some Nikon 8x25 HG London Olympics Limited edition bins from Clifton Cameras for £299, normally £470 + around here. Also way cheaper than the non Limited Edition version.

warranty 2 vs 25 years...what can you do?

If I understand it correctly .....Nikon High grade/Premier..

Uk buyer: 2 years warranty http://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/Nikon_High_Grade_10x25_HG_L_DCF_Binoculars_-_Olympics_2012_Edition

US buyer: 25 years warranty...

http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/nikon/nikon-premier-lx-l-10x25-binocular/manufacturer_warranty

The only way to get better warranties is to completely stop buying brands with lousy warranties until they treat people equally in this matter... do you agree ?

Anders

Wish the thread was named "decent deals" rather than "bargains" which might imply only exceptional deals should be posted; that was not intention.

Anyways a few decent deals on compacts.

Both Nikon HGL compacts are on a special at Viking Optical Centres.

At Ffordes in the Zeiss section there's a used "Zeiss 8x20B" which looks like a "Victory Compact". Those two words embossed on the armouring apparently likely mean it has dielectric prism coatings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back