• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Three from Portugal (1 Viewer)

Coati

Yo Vi Quetzales!
Forgot my book so not sure of these; warbler might be an Aquatic?

All in Algarve/Ria Formosa

Rich

Attachments

• _MG_8704.jpg
    _MG_8704.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 198
  • _MG_8864.jpg
    _MG_8864.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 168
  • _MG_8697.jpg
    _MG_8697.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 155
OK thanks for the ID's

heres another of the Redshank

Rich

Attachments

• _MG_8861.jpg
    _MG_8861.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 102
Common Redshank it is, Bill would be more slender and longer, the overall shape of Spot red is thinner and more elegant looking too.

OK Ben thanks

tough going here, now sitting in a cork forest in the Alentejo where it is raining!!!
hoping for Kites/Eagles...

Rich

the first bird could be a juv common sandpiper, did you notice/photograph the white extension to the shoulder?

ps I'd rather be in a cork forest than my living room!

Balls. One out of three! I thought about Common Sand but thought the white might be the body position. Thought it was too dark. Now can see the long tail as well. I could go on...

Balls. One out of three! I thought about Common Sand but thought the white might be the body position. Thought it was too dark. Now can see the long tail as well. I could go on...

Don't worry, my shout would have been the same as yours too!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back