• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

what do you guy think about (Sunagor 30-160x70 Mega Zoom Binoculars) ? (5 Viewers)

His previous posts use perfect English grammar and syntax. Not this "just off the boat" garble he has going on here. Let me get the straw outta my hair!

I'm still looking for a relevant binoculars , and I see (Sunagor 30-160x70 Mega Zoom Binoculars) , but i have no experience about this binoculars ,and now i make this thread to disscuss about this item , If anyone know about this item ,please tell us how it is (bad or good) , thank you very much .

Link of picture :

Code:
http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-Sunagor-30-160x70-Mega-Zoom-Binoculars/p1520075&cm_mmc=Pricegrabber-_-Binoculars-_-Binoculars-_-1520075_Sunagor%2030-160x70%20Mega%20Zoom%20Binoculars

I'm waiting for the pocketable 10-400 150 Super Mega Zoom.:-O

(Very few zoom binoculars are worth the price, no matter how cheap.)

Well, troll or no troll, this is all we can offer. Buy the Sunagor, keep it under the bed. You can use it to beat burglars with.

I'm aware that this thread Is very old but, Id likely add,
These sunagor mega zoom are on auction sites anywhere from 250 to 400 pounds, mine are out of collimation, but I knew they would be even before I bought them, ( I bought mine very cheap secondhand) I have to say using each side, one at a time with carefull focusing they are unbelievabley powerful, my usual repair shop say they wouldn't travel well they may be able to collimate them, then would go out of collimation on way back, so probably won't bother, I have plenty of other binoculars and couple of scopes, I just had to try these, power wise. 10 out of 10! If I'd paid £400 for these, I may have been slightly angry though!

I'm aware that this thread Is very old but, Id likely add,
These sunagor mega zoom are on auction sites anywhere from 250 to 400 pounds, mine are out of collimation, but I knew they would be even before I bought them, ( I bought mine very cheap secondhand) I have to say using each side, one at a time with carefull focusing they are unbelievabley powerful, my usual repair shop say they wouldn't travel well they may be able to collimate them, then would go out of collimation on way back, so probably won't bother, I have plenty of other binoculars and couple of scopes, I just had to try these, power wise. 10 out of 10! If I'd paid £400 for these, I may have been slightly angry though!

The power of a binocular is in its clarity, contrast, field of view, and eye relief, not magnification. And at high magnification, clarity and contrast are destroyed. :cat:

Bill

Last edited:
Hello bill, and I do agree with what your saying, and I have already got good clear binoculars, I just had to try these, as they were going cheap, and it was better buying them at that price than letting curiosity getting better of me, or too many beers. And tryingthem full price later on and regretting it, clear wise they weren't anywhere as bad as ithought they'd be, and the power impressed me, the only other stuff I have Zoom wise is my nipon scope which I love, all other binoculars are fixed, I would never have paid full price for these bins

Dang, I only get to 60x with my 70mm :-(
Wonder if using of the “3 universal tools” (wd40, duct tape, jbweld) could stop it dropping out of alignment once set? Maybe the mechanics are so floppy they’re of little use? If it won’t hold collimation you could hacksaw them in half and have a nice monocular (and a spare for when you lost or damaged the first one?)

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back