• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Western Palearctic Master list with all recorded taxa (2 Viewers)

Hi Maffong

Variable Wheatear is on the Kuwait list (two recent records).

Red-billed Firefinches are apparently common in Djanet in southern Algeria.

Cheers, Graeme Joynt

You're right, I just found these pictures from 2015, so I guess the population is still viable there

I also fixed the Variable Wheatear error. I just knew about the israeli record that has been revoked as a warriae Mourning Wheatear

Can't read your list file on this the work's pc Maffong so not sure if Crithagra rothschildi (Arabian or Olive-rumped Serin) is on your list.

Tabuk in northern Saudi Arabia should be within WP boundaries.
EBird has C. rothschildi resident near Tabuk. 15 recorded on Jan 5th last year. See http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S26690590

Actually the site Al-Disah, seems to be quite a few kilometres south of Tabuk, so perhaps just outside the WP boundary.
I'm not sure where the line is drawn.

Tabuk would be inside WP boundaries, however the sighting you cited is a few dozen kilometers outside.

Does anybody know about the status of Black-headed Penduline Tit in the WP? The AERC file I used originally says that it can be found extreme southeatern Azerbaijan, however all range maps I have found only show it in nearby Iran. Does it wander around, thus reaching Azerbaijan? Or was it formerly breeding there?

And is the population of Red-billed Firefinch in Algeria really introduced there? It occurs pretty close nearby in Niger and Mali

Maffong

I have nothing substantive to add other than my admiration and thanks for your Herculean effort in putting this together. The amount of time and effort required must have been very considerable. I wish more in the birding community were so selfless and generous.

I have completely overhauled the checklist. Now the systematics, nomenclature and species sequence should be completely aligned with IOC. The regions are now clearly defined, information on vagrancy for all species from outside the WP was added and more.

Have I missed any subspecies that occurs in the region, are there mistakes in the range description (some might be outdated) or anything else?

Maffong

Attachments

• Bird taxa of the WP.xlsx
    375.7 KB · Views: 291
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back