• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Binoculars Giveaways. Ultimate Prize: two pairs of PRIME HD binoculars (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is a cool day as I am getting the new a/c system in my 68 mustang charged up. As I am already charged up to win a pair of HD prime.

I'm getting short of amusing sayings etc so I thought I would go back in Ruffled Feathers to find threads I enjoyed. This is from one such thread titled "Tech Support for Women" 1st post is on #9929

Originally posted by

nigelblake

It would seem timely to warn about pirate copies of WIFE and HUSBAND programs, as cheap tempting as they may seem uploading someone elses program can lead to serious problems at a later date, for example:-
A friend of mine picked up a pirate copy of WIFE 2.8 at work, a newer, more streamlined, interactive and user-friendly version than WIFE 1.0 that he already had, he used it frequently with no problems for some months. He was unaware that it carried a 'trojan', this being a rogue version of HUSBAND 1.0 that installed itself unexpectedly and did not have a multi-user interface, file C:/KICK/GOOLIES rebooted several times resulting in a complete breakdown of hardware. you have been warned !!!!!!

alan_rymer

In Nigels friends case, although AmourPlatonique would have been good. ArmourChobham would probably have been better as it would have allowed continued use of Pirate Copy of Wife 2.8 without the later painful deinstallation process!.

I wonder if the local Authority has a recycling scheme for unused, unwanted/un-needed software?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back