• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (3 Viewers)

Hi Paul - soft drinks and hot drinks are all perfectly acceptable - consider it more of a bistro pub (if they exist - well they do now). These drawing sheets are newsprint 30" x 20" and I'm using charcoal sticks. Makes a bit of a change from A5 sketchbooks.
Hiya VB - I see your blog's got a pic of you - are we gonna see the real VB full-frontal (so to speak!) in the near future?

Last edited:
timwootton said:
Hi Elizabeth - the symbol is just a doodle - it probably means something about the meaning of life to some folk, but I just drew it (sorry I can't pretend to be deeper than that, ha ha!). Thanks for the comments - feel free to post images here for discussion.

Let's say that it is a symbol of your infinite love of birding and artistic expression of those birds. It is a symbol that you hide throughout your sketches; some may see it, some may not. How's that for meaningful? You can use it if you like.

Tell me/us how you managed such an ideal location. I wonder because I have noticed that a few birdforum members have such locations that are just unbelievable. Is there any threat of more development where you are? How did it all work? How can I get as lucky as you??? Rabbit's foot? Lucky horseshoe?

Vectis Birder, I'm enjoying what you have done so far on your sites with the sketches and drawings. I need to get out there and practice a bit also. I have about five sketchbooks full of work, but I think the latest sketch was from almost a year ago!

Best
Elizabeth

I'll have a drop of your single malt if you dont mind , Its a lovely place to be up there and I look forward to seeing more of your work and how you pull it together for the finished picture.

timwootton said:
Hiya Daf - I'm just back from town -even went scooting through Somerfields and never even looked at the Peedie Sea!!!! in fact I haven't seen a white-wing since we left Shapinsay 16 months ago - I'm in town next week so can you ask them to stay around a bit longer (the glaucs on Shap 2 years ago never even left my field for about 4 weeks!). And yes - the gallery is open all the time - why not give me a ring to check I'm around 'cos I wouldn't want to miss you if you come - the number's 437. Crikey we might even get to have a real nip instead of these very palatable virtual ones - ha ha !
Hi Tim, yes ill look forward to that next time im down the south parrish.Iv been wondering since i saw your photo. Did we met at echna? Was that you that put me on to the rosey starling in ham? I was on the black bike on my way to photograph the nesting little tern.

dafi said:
Hi Tim, yes ill look forward to that next time im down the south parrish.Iv been wondering since i saw your photo. Did we met at echna? Was that you that put me on to the rosey starling in ham? I was on the black bike on my way to photograph the nesting little tern.
Hi Daf - how did you get on with the tern? Love to see the results. Pop by whenever you're around.
Hi Arthur - one single malt coming up - the local whisky is 'Highland Park' which I can highly recommend - however a personal favourite after a long day at the easel or catching fish for the freezer is Aberlour. If you haven't already, please indulge yourself.
Cheers all.

Hi Tim

what a great thread

Just enjoying my Rioja here (a Laphroaig would sit well on top though!)... dog and cat sleeping, GF gone to bed. Week off school. Sea crashing in the background... Waterloo Sunset on the stereo... heaven.

looks like a lovely place you've got up there. There's a lot to be said for getting away from it all.

looking forward to seeing a few of your watercolours. Might inspire me to do a few shocking examples of my own next week.

Tim Allwood said:
Hi Tim

what a great thread

Just enjoying my Rioja here (a Laphroaig would sit well on top though!)... dog and cat sleeping, GF gone to bed. Week off school. Sea crashing in the background... Waterloo Sunset on the stereo... heaven.

looks like a lovely place you've got up there. There's a lot to be said for getting away from it all.

looking forward to seeing a few of your watercolours. Might inspire me to do a few shocking examples of my own next week.
Hi Tim - a Laph is on its way. I only get the good stuff out occasionally (I remember the first time I ever asked for a Laph - in Carrbridge on a skiing hol -ha ha , I'll never try and pronounce it with a Gaelic accent again - the barman thought I was calling his girlfriend an amphibian!). Welcome to the Room, Tim - bring a drawing or two next time!

great studio

Tim-
A virtual studio - great idea, and all I have to say is the real studio...wow... that is an impressive location! AND... I am jealous of the single malt available to you over there! Have one for me. I have had some good ones from Islay, but they are quite expensive over here in the States.
www.mathiosstudios.net

peter mathios said:
Tim-
A virtual studio - great idea, and all I have to say is the real studio...wow... that is an impressive location! AND... I am jealous of the single malt available to you over there! Have one for me. I have had some good ones from Islay, but they are quite expensive over here in the States.
www.mathiosstudios.net
Cheers Peter,
You have an Islay on the bar anytime you care to partake, sir. And a good single malt is ALWAYS expensive, unfortunately. Personally I err on the milder side - Talisker and Islays are just a tad forthright on my palette (That's gob palatte, not painting . . . . you know) so Aberlour and Old Fettercairn give me the mellowness required. Please bring some of your stuff to the studio (there may actually be some folk who are still unaware of your talents - I'd like to put that right!).
Cheers, Tim.

Laphroaig? May I politely decline - I am about to be hung, drawn and quartered for sacrilege here, but I can't bear the stuff. No, a nice beer, rum or Bailey's for me. Or, as was the case last night, all of the above during the course of the evening. Greedy sod, me. B :)

thanks Tim the Aberlour got the taste buds going, but I will need a few more to be sure, so set them up. Wet and miserable here on the North Norfolk Coast. Thomas the Tank engine is going up and down the Poppy Line the other side of the feild of out of my window.Keep the bar open, arthur

Hello Tim- sorry not to have dropped in sooner. Mine would have been a flavoured vodka whilst I scribbled away at something, but I have just been ambushed by my son to watch Match of the Day..

weel buy im just droped unfur a dram an yer nay hame. betcher oot n aboot the hope the nicth, weel am chust away tae the ola fur a cola sleep weel doo there. daf

dafi said:
weel buy im just droped unfur a dram an yer nay hame. betcher oot n aboot the hope the nicth, weel am chust away tae the ola fur a cola sleep weel doo there. daf
Excellent dialectic prose, sir - I applaud thee!
Arthur - As long as you keep slamming 'em down - I'll keep settin' 'em up (no charge for the first decade!)
Hi Ed - you have been conspicuous by your absence - everyone's been asking 'bout ya - I, have managed to get kids and Sally off to bed, now I can watch the recorded Match of the Day in blissful peace - I fully expect the mighty reds to have dispatched CVharlton, or whoever they were playing, soon find out!). I'm setting you up with a Shetland Vodka (absolutely recommended!!!!) with one rock, 1/4 Indian tonic and a twist of lime - dry and sweet, like honeydew. In fact, gonna have one me-sel.
Night all.

timwootton said:
Excellent dialectic prose, sir - I applaud thee!
Arthur - As long as you keep slamming 'em down - I'll keep settin' 'em up (no charge for the first decade!)
Hi Ed - you have been conspicuous by your absence - everyone's been asking 'bout ya - I, have managed to get kids and Sally off to bed, now I can watch the recorded Match of the Day in blissful peace - I fully expect the mighty reds to have dispatched CVharlton, or whoever they were playing, soon find out!). I'm setting you up with a Shetland Vodka (absolutely recommended!!!!) with one rock, 1/4 Indian tonic and a twist of lime - dry and sweet, like honeydew. In fact, gonna have one me-sel.
Night all.
well i was going to stop by fer a gab but iv a good shot in noo an am away tae me bed ill bid the a guid nicth laters....

Hi Tim a nice cuppa tea if you dont mind sir.I like the veiw , thought you might like to see my little space, look what was peering round the hedge when I took the picture(a male Sparrow Hawksitting on the bridge.the sea is a half amile the other way.Also aphoto of THOMAS going by, just to prove I'me not completely mad.

Attachments

• stu1.jpg
    stu1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 260
  • stu3sphk.jpg
    stu3sphk.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 244
  • thom1.jpg
    thom1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 235
One cuppa tea coming up - I'm on coffee this morning - well every morning, actually. Love the pics, Arthur - that's a lovely study you have and quite some outlook, too. It all looks extremely well-organised. Thomas must be quite a sight - does he go by regularly? Drop by again soon, Arthur - all the best. Sluuurrrp! Aaaahhh!

Korrr... I'm dead jealous of that view arthur,and tims for that matter!

I see this noble pile has just been graded a five star establishment,very well deserved.Does this mean I can expect a slice of lemmon in my bourben and dr pepper from hence..?

Unfortunately I have no ''sketches'' for discussion,I'm still training my pencil to do what I tell it to do ;)

Matt

Hi Tim,
am enjoying the thread and love your sketches. I'll have a pint of something dark, whatever you have. Keep 'em coming

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back