• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (13 Viewers)

Really lovely painting Arthur! Glad you finished despite the Rugby - the Redshank is a great addition for a spot of colour and love the 'half' tern in the bottom right - a very brave composition.

I hope your proud of this one, Arthur, because if you're not, I'll rub out your signature and sign my name on it! Excellent in so many ways.

Really lovely painting Arthur! Glad you finished despite the Rugby - the Redshank is a great addition for a spot of colour and love the 'half' tern in the bottom right - a very brave composition.

Yes I agree. That half bird gives the painting alot of depth making it more interesting :t:

Thankyou all, I am pleased that this one worked Nick and didnt end up a muddy mess.

This is what I loved about painting this sort of scene when I lived in that sort of habitat. It's much easier to keep it clean than doing grass and leaves and stuff, as long as you know how you're progressing and when to finish, which clearly from this piece, you do.

Fantastic work Arthur

I love the ''blueness'' in the water, was tempted to say it has a wintery feel about it ...but we don't get Sandwiches in winter do we!!

Must have been one of those glorious wide open blue skies of ours!!

Another classic

Matt

Thanks Tim, It's nice to see so many people take an interest in what you are trying to acheive.

A rough sketch of a Pere. I remember one like this flying low along the Beach at Titchwell into a gale. could be interesting.

Attachments

• Per1.jpg
    Per1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 68
I really enjoy looking at your pictures. They are so very detailed and brilliant.
Oh well... I think I still have to struggle a bit until I am as skilled as you are ;).

Nice sketches Arthur, the egrets are particularly good. And I really like that blackie, just as we see 'em!

Woody

the blackbird is very dynamic and the perspective and point of view is superb. I'm also particularly fond of the wind blown egret, an excellent capture of the moment.

Hi Nick good yo have you about the place again.

Working the Pere up so I have a colour sketch for ref.
This is listening to young Tim's (He is young compared to me) advice, before I have a go at making a mess with oils .

Attachments

• Pere2.jpg
    Pere2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 96

Users who are viewing this thread

Back