Thread: Norfolk birding
View Single Post
Old Friday 9th June 2006, 12:55   #18
Rob Smallwood

Just back from Tim's back yard - great few days.

Landed lucky with the Pacific Golden Plover - was in the Rush Hills scrape hide on own when news broke, and just as we were grilling this slim, tall Goldie with black extending beyond the legs - we never found out who reported it - perhaps someone viewing from the boat only access hide? Was rather fun to watch the locals come running up the footpath!

Hickling reserve turned up the usual Cranes, Beardies, Hobby & Marsh Harrier with a few Swallowtails on the wing. The PGP was with a Little and a Tem Stint.

Spoonbill at Sathouse, Nightjar and Barn Owl in Salthouse churchyard were nice, as were the array of raptors.

As we seem to be very close to "outing" the world's worst kept secret, the Monty's have moved aroad further west and showing fantastically - more than I can say for the Ryburgh HB's!

Finally called in a Weeting where the Stone Curlews are showing well, so lets leave the other, less well protected sites alone eh?

BF Supporter 2010 Support BirdForum With A Donation