• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2012 (1 Viewer)

These new paintings are beautifull!

They certainly are. First of all, it's nice to see you getting the recognition you deserve Tim, good to here the international stage is now beckoning. The watercolour work here is staggering, those Eiders are bathed in sunlight and the rest Puffin is remarkably well handled.
This would all been quite enough, then the skuas go up and leave me agape. It's just very, very beautiful. What else have you got locked up there in your recollections..?

this isn't a thread, it's a shrine- dusty pilgrims arriving from all over

I've been musing on what makes those skuas extra-brilliant: quite a naturalistic palette I think

Wow! What have we been missing? All quite stunning works. If Lars decides to 'retire', It now seems there is someone to fill his boots.
Sensational stuff.

Russ

Playing with the acrylics again with a view to producing work for the Maine show. I need to get this collection up and running 'cos I have to paint another show (for Orkney) of 35 pieces before we take a short break to Yorkshire in early July . . . time flies!
Also chuffed to get my entry accepted for the David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year Award and Exhibition.

Attachments

• 006 (800x596).jpg
    006 (800x596).jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 124
Tis a cracker Tim :t: Get the acrilics out yes, but please dont put your watercolours on hold :-C

PS good luck with your chosen work for the Artist of the year.

congrats on the DS selection, what got in? I think I've commented enough on your gilette alcids on Facebook tonight, so I shall mosey on over to another few threads, but just got to say I love this piece!

Nice to see your occasional forays into other mediums Tim, cracking painting here, nice and direct and certainly doesn't suffer for that, love it...

Cheers.
Nick - it's this one; "20 Years Left; The extinction of British Arctic Skua" . . . jolly little number, eh?
Also had a yellow-legged gull fly straight in front of the car this afternoon on the school run home . . . not yer everyday sighting!! Funny thing - last one I saw was in Benalmadina. Might take a peek for it tomorrow, if I can be *rsed.

Attachments

• 20 years left.jpg
    20 years left.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 124
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back