• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jenny's paintings (1 Viewer)

Northern Long Tails is wonderful piece Jenny, delightful little birds, love the addition of music sheets in the background..

Love them, Jenny; especially the kingfisher. We only have one variety of these in Missouri in a more subdued blue, but they are beautiful little creatures.

became more like a statement in stead

,,,and I'll bet many people viewing this would love to be able to make such a statement Jenny - wonderful work - good luck with the competition too!

London and gyrfalcon?

Tony, Mike, buzzard, ttbilbo, Chris, and Gaby: Thank you all so much for your feedback!

I succeeded somewhat in one of the competitions I entered, and got a special recognition award for the azure-winged magpie painting. My first, so that felt really good!

The Parallax Art Fair in London was on the other hand a bit of a disappointment! The settings and everything was beautiful, but almost no visitors... I sold only one painting, and that did not cover the costs alas. But it was a very good experience non the less to have had!

Not much has happened in the studio since my trip to London, so the only thing I have to share with you today is two pages from my art journal. I am playing around with some compositions for some new paintings. I think this bird is a Gyr-falcon, but I am not sure. (It looks like a juvenile bird of some sort I thought at first, and it was almost twice the size of a kestrel). I saw this fella in a falconry, but with no one around to ask what species it is. I wanted to post my photo in the id-forum, but as it is a picture of a captive bird I can't. Maybe you recognize it here?

Attachments

• earth-browncrop.jpg
    earth-browncrop.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 53
  • the.sky.restscrop.jpg
    the.sky.restscrop.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 58
Thank you Gaby!

I cannot believe that it is December already...

Here the two next pages from my art journal, Blue-tits! I am not too happy with the first one, there are pieces of it that works, but there are also pieces that doesn't. The second one I am however very pleased with, and I'm going to make a painting of it just as it is I think!

Attachments

• Blåmes.JPG
    Blåmes.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 48
  • litenfagelflugivida.JPG
    litenfagelflugivida.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 53
Hi Jenny!

Great to see your work here as well as on WetCanvas. I have been away from this forum for a few months also, but will be active again over the winter for sure. Lovely, lovely work you do!

I cant see what you think doesnt work with the first painting but the second is fantastic. Your a talented lass and I always enjoy your posts B :)

New year ;)

Thank you so much Mike, Gaby and Bigshent!!! And a happy new year to you!! Well, the first one in last post became to busy, and it was not what I had in mind when I started... but I learned from it, and thats always good ;)

I have been planning a lot of new paintings, and hopefully I will get the paintings done soon as well, but I have been enjoying working in my art journal so much. Especially since I have gotten permission from several photographers to use their photos as reference material...
I have also been able to study a flock of azure-winged magpies, but unfortunately just from afar. They were to shy for letting me get anywhere close! But I really enjoyed watching them all the same. They looked almost boring grey when sitting still, and then when they moved and flied they became this beautiful streaks of light pale blue... I have to get that experience down on paper one of these days!

But here are some pages from my art journal from this new year! The two first are in my A4 journal, Magpie and common Blackbird, and the two last ones are from my A5 journal, Long tailed tit and barn owl. C&C always more than welcome!!

Attachments

• magpie.JPEG
    magpie.JPEG
    187.6 KB · Views: 45
  • koltrast.JPEG
    koltrast.JPEG
    230.3 KB · Views: 59
  • longtailed-tit.JPEG
    longtailed-tit.JPEG
    201.8 KB · Views: 69
  • everythingunderthesky.JPEG
    everythingunderthesky.JPEG
    175 KB · Views: 64
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back