• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (4 Viewers)

Arthur

It seems an age since I've visited these art forums!!

Just been looking at your latest pics and I'm very impressed, those starlings from post #155 and the juv ringed plover from post #175 are absolutely
fantastic works:clap:

Matt

Watched a bonxie get some GBH yesterday - it flew through 'my' GBBG colony on Hunda. I always thought the gull was somewhat 'subservient' to great skuas, but on this occasion the GBB hit the skua with a right old clout and put it into the sea. Never seen it before. GBH is a fine title and a good drawing. I like your use of pencil, Arthur - lends itself to your style very nicely, I think.

This is truly lovely Arthur, it's almost as if the magpie's inviting us to go down the path. You've certainly captured the cheeky character of the bird, something I find impossible to do.

Again I follow Nick with his perceptive comment - super piece of work Arthur - this stuff you are producing really needs to be seen by a buying public, in one form or another!
But Nick is of course wrong with the second part of his comment - a quick glance at his goosander chicks dispell any doubt.

But Nick is of course wrong with the second part of his comment - a quick glance at his goosander chicks dispell any doubt.

Goosanders are ok, but honestly, I've never been able to paint convincing Magpies, Carrion Crows or Herring Gulls, something to work on as there is a magpie painting in my head somewhere.

Nick you are kidding no-one, the charecter you put into all your pictures is very plain to see. It is in your head only. Like most people you always think it could be better.
Knowing when to leave it alone I think is the hardest part of paintingfor me.

Last edited:
One of the little muggers

When these get together the poor Blackbirds dont stand a chance.

+ second love a dust bath

Attachments

• Spar.jpg
    Spar.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Spar1.jpg
    Spar1.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Arthur, those spuggies are ace! The little wotsits are eating me out of house and home at the moment, arriving in gangs of fifteen to twenty and lining up in the cottoneaster to get their turn on the feeders. I guess they've had a successful year.

Woody

Arthur, lovely pics you can almost hear them. We don't have too many round here, but they are struggling back and it's good to be reminded of them. Though if they do return in numbers we may not think so.

Is this my best side

Busy at the desk,when I looked up these where looking at me. Asking to be sketched.

Attachments

• Pa1.jpg
    Pa1.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Pa2.jpg
    Pa2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Pa3.jpg
    Pa3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 85
Another superb composition Arthur - outstanding work. The prep sketches are alive with information and the translation from those to coloured drawing is brilliantly executed. Excellent - again.

One of my absolute favourites to draw and these remind me exactly why I love to draw them, so quirky and 'decorative'. You've captured their character superbly.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back