• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cameralandny reputable? (2 Viewers)

rdfish1

I have another order to place and want to be more careful than i was w/ swfa and the restocking fees. Is CameralandNY considered a high quality reputable place to buy equipment? They seem to have good prices and reasonable shipping but wanted to ck w/ you folks first.

Yes, they are I've bought (and returned items) with no hassle and no restocking fee. If you return an item that had free shipping they charge you $10 for the original shipping.

Cameraland NY is the spotting scope forum sponsor here.

And Doug (gr8fuldoug) is here regularly.

So they're not one of those Brooklyn companies. ;)

I have another order to place and want to be more careful than i was w/ swfa and the restocking fees. Is CameralandNY considered a high quality reputable place to buy equipment? They seem to have good prices and reasonable shipping but wanted to ck w/ you folks first.

Yes. 1st class company and Doug is great!

Another vote for Cameraland. I´ve bought from them, both over the counter and by mail, and have received excellent service.

Hello RdFish1,

Cameraland in New York, is my preferred vendor. However, I have never had to return anything.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood

Great service. Ordered my first binocular from them a couple of months ago. In addition I got a picture of their team, a nice thank you letter, and a cameraland hat. And it was properly packaged.

Now that is truly great service.

Great service. Ordered my first binocular from them a couple of months ago. In addition I got a picture of their team, a nice thank you letter, and a cameraland hat. And it was properly packaged.

Now that is truly great service.

And coffee. Don't forget the coffee ;)

Wouldn´t that make the letters all soggy?

That's why you have waterproof bins ;)

Doug and Neil were starting up a coffee making business so they'd throw in a little vacuum packed lump of ground coffee. It was pretty potent. Not sure if they're still doing that but they are prone to throw something extra in. The hat was a nice extra too.

Doug and Neil were starting up a coffee making business so they'd throw in a little vacuum packed lump of ground coffee. It was pretty potent. Not sure if they're still doing that but they are prone to throw something extra in. The hat was a nice extra too.

No coffee in mine, but the extra touches are outstanding in today's business environment.

No coffee in mine, but the extra touches are outstanding in today's business environment.

Best of luck to them in the coffee business too. Yes, the extra touches are superb. I know it sounds cheesy, but after having my younger brother visit Cameraland last year when he was on a trip to NYC and buy me a pair of Nikon compacts, it was really nice, when I ordered another pair of bins by mail, to get a photo of the Cameraland crew in the box. Oddly, they looked absolutely nothing like the image I had in my head after speaking to Doug by phone.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back