• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Limiting factor to success! (1 Viewer)

Dave Hawkins

Dear diary, what a day it's been...
Hi There

I have been lucky enough to help maybe 200 or more people with their Digiscoping queries through my job.

For an awful lot of people the limiting factor to success is NOT related to the obvious i.e. having the best scope but is MORE related to:

The ability to QUICKLY locate and easily follow a bird in the scope in the first place for which the only answer is ..... practice practice and more practice at aiming,finding and follwing birds in the scope. The longer the bird is in the eyepiece the more chance you have a getting the camera on board and a good shot.

The factors that increase the time the bird is in the camera are having a sturdy tripod, having a good head (twist grips are a nightmare!) and having an adaptor that goes on and off the eyepice quickly without the need to waggle it over lumps, bumps and rubber on the eyepiece.

Finally, I would urge all serious Digiscopers to discard their stay-on cases and straps, the the dangly bits on which act as wind socks and cause masses of vibration.

Dave Hawkins

Dave Hawkins said:

Finally, I would urge all serious Digiscopers to discard their stay-on cases and straps, the the dangly bits on which act as wind socks and cause masses of vibration.
Dave Hawkins

Couldn't agree more with that.
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back