• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

birds with disease? (2 Viewers)

Robin59

Hello,
I've got a feeder in my garden. Three different places and I brush away the rest of tf the food and excrement daily. The food is placed in a way that the bird's excrement don't come in contact with it. But I've two birds on my feeding place which look really ill, I think. They come every day to the feeder. I've attached pics ot the birds.
Do you think this is a kind of disease which is dangerous to the other birds or only two ill birds ?

thanks for you help
Alfred

Attachments

• bluetitandy.jpg
    bluetitandy.jpg
    348.5 KB · Views: 56
  • greattitandy.jpg
    greattitandy.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 58
The second photo is great! Nice shot, and the bird looks fine. The first one, I don't know. It looks like maybe you snapped the photo while it was blinking, because its eye appears to be shut. If they are ill, I would be about 99.9% sure it has nothing to do with your feeders being contaminated. I would not worry about other birds either, because there isn't much you can do if they are sick.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back