• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Bulgaria (1 Viewer)

wclinch

I am taking a family holiday in Bulgaria between 18th and 25th August. Staying at the Elenite Holiday village. I intend to travel to various known birding locations along the black sea coast, either by car or taxi, and am wondering if anybody would like to share the cost or companionship.

If anyone has recently returned from Bulgaria and has any up to date information then please let me know.

Regards

Hi Wclinch,

There's been several recent postings about Bulgaria - if you find the search bar and enter 'Bulgaria', you'll get all of them.

Michael

PS welcome to BF!

wclinch said:
I am taking a family holiday in Bulgaria between 18th and 25th August. Staying at the Elenite Holiday village. I intend to travel to various known birding locations along the black sea coast, either by car or taxi, and am wondering if anybody would like to share the cost or companionship.

If anyone has recently returned from Bulgaria and has any up to date information then please let me know.

Regards
Hi

I haven't been to Bulgaria, but, I am a long time member of a website called Virtualtourist.com. There, you can communicate with and ask all the questions you want on Bulgaria, or any other country in that respect.

roamer said:
Hi

I've booked 2 weeks at Russalka (10 km North of Cape Kaliakra) in the Tauk Liman reserve in mid may. I don't plan to do much travelling but I will post what is about in that area. I'm not too optomistic on the stork/raptor/pelican front at that time of year but there should be enough breeding birds to make it a good trip.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back