• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello From Peter (1 Viewer)

peter

HELLO TO EVERY ONE,I HOPE I CAN GET ON WITH THIS OK.
A FEW THINGS ABOUT MY SELF I AM SLIGHTLY DISABLED.
I ONLY STARTED TO DO BIRD WATCHING ABOUT 2-3 MONTH'S AGO.
I HAVE JUST JOINED THE RSPB & THE WWT , SO I AM NOT TO SURE ON BIRD IDENTIFICATION YET.
I ALSO JUST TREATED MYSELF TO THE NEW OPTICRON ANGLED IS60 WITH ZOOM LENS,STILL TRYING TO GET ON WITH IT.
HOPE I HAVE NOT BORED YOU.

Hi Peter,

I m new to birdforum myself, so hope my messages get through ok!

I Have never been to Surrey or to the S East of England birdwatching, but I have been invited to visit a friend of mine in Kent, so I might travel down that area soon .

Welcome aboard! I Hope you get as much pleasue out of birdwatching as I have. I am a relative novice myself, only been properly watching for about 3-4 years.

Dont be afraid to tell people you are a novice, and dont be afraid to ask questions! I alway find it easier to ask, or else I just get confused!

There are some good websites which will help you, especially on finding good spots to go watchng in your area.

Have fun

Hi Peter, welcome to Birdforum. I hope that you are enjoying the site. It's well worthwhile havig a good look around at all of the areas as there is plenty going on. I'm sure you will managed to find a few things of interest. Don't be shy about chipping in, feel free to join in threads and give your own opinions. Everyone gains from anothers insight. Everyone had to start sometime. Any queries you have, just start a thread as there are plenty of members willing and able to help :bounce:
See you around

Hello Peter, nice to have another Surrey member ( I'm in Sutton).

You're not alone in being a bit of a newbie, I've only been at it a few months and this is certainly the right place for friendly advice & chat.

Dylan.

Hi Peter and welcome

Hope you are enjoying everything so far.

Do ask anything birdy, there is alot of knowledge within the forum.

burhinus

Nice to see the county is well covered now, I'm on the Hants/Surrey border deep in heathland, so if you're ever over this way or fancy a wander around the commons let me know. If you're new to the passtime its always well worth getting to grips with the local specialities - Dartford Warbler and Woodlark, with the spring time supporting cast of warblers, pipits and nightjars.

Good birding

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back