• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Colleen's gone Coastal, Oregon USA (3 Viewers)

Thanks all for the comments and support. I'm at the library here but don't know if I can post on it so far. I am blogging more and will add the birds as they come...

Its such a huge change, I'm still adjusting, but starting to paint more, what a huge place this is and the light changes so fast...I am so blessed to be on the adventure at all I try not to let things like locking myself out of my trailer in the first 20 min. flat tires, and smoke alarms going off when I boil an egg get me down( turns out there is a hidden door over the vent one has to get on a stool to see and undo, so the fan will exhaust.) and then there are the many conversations over how the holding tanks and other plumbing issues work. I have a tub, very small can't get all parts of the body in the water at one time, and it has 6 gallons of hot water....I must have a bath one way or another, not a shower person:-0 it can be done by rotating one section after another into the water. After a day out in the weather, the hot water is heaven on the old joints.

hopefully some birds tomorrow

Yahoo...I'm at the library, and have a flash with a new bird painting on it....so now to see if I can post here....hmm seemed like I did it but now cant see the file...if I get it this is Sandpipers 6x6 inches oil on a homemade panel that is rather rough dang, this is Windows, not used to that try again

Attachments

• nsc sandpiper SM.jpg
    nsc sandpiper SM.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 86
Yahoo...I'm at the library, and have a flash with a new bird painting on it....so now to see if I can post here....hmm seemed like I did it but now cant see the file...if I get it this is Sandpipers 6x6 inches oil on a homemade panel that is rather rough dang, this is Windows, not used to that try again

OMG the color is just awful...this is not brown but blues, mauves and yellows will have to retrench and see what happens...Its not this color on my home monitor

Thanks Andrew, I think I have the down load thing figured out now, I can do it all by iphone which is all the connection I have now unless I go out for wifi. The last upgrade from the ios seems to have taken care of it.

about the light, I saw this very often at the Sonoma coast but so far never in Oregon

thanks Tim
whats beautiful is to be in this group at the feet of masters and masters to be and have a chance to grow as a painter, inspired by all thats posted here

one of the first seascapes of this coast, I don't know but the Orkney's probably don't have the long shelfs of coastline like here. I know Sonoma coast did not, but due to these long shelves the wave roll in a long ways don't have the knack of it yet...but time will tell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 68
thanks Alan and Oskar....I just found out tonight that my latest seascape the last one posted below, got into a national juried show in CA. the show attracts a lot of top artists so it feels good to be included. I hope it sells as I have to buy a frame and ship it, but the good thing is at 6x6 inches it can ship easily. The show is called 6 Squared because every painting is 6x6, its an odd size to work in and I just got started painting again after a long lay off for all the moving and life changing that has gone on

you can google Randy Higbee Gallery Costa Mesa CA if you are interested, they've been putting it on for a few years. One cool thing is this area is a big money place with lots of art collectors, so hope it sells.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back