• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

changing head on benro A 069 (1 Viewer)

cafe birder

Supporter
I bought a benro A 069 aluminium tripod with a ball head for using my lightweight spotting scope on trips. Having tried it recently for a few days in Latvia,I now know that a ball head is wrong for me and want to replace it with a cheap panning head. I cannot see how to get the ball head off. Is it possible ?and if so any recommendations for a cheap, lightweight,pan tilt type head for use a week or two a year. The scope is an opticron mm3 50mm so weighs very little.

regards Howard

It appears that the head simply unscrews, so you should be able to fit pretty much any pan tilt/fluid head that you want to.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back