• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sweden - Flying-unkown (1 Viewer)

joroco

Hi,

Additional photo from my brother, he thought they were flying like Swallows so I had to see the photos, not sure what they are and just curious as what they might be or if anyone can work it out?

Thanks, John

Attachments

• DSCF2125.jpg
    DSCF2125.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 226
Thought Jackdaw at first as well, but if you zoom in you can see pale upperwingcoverts. I think they're Stock Doves.

Thought Jackdaw at first as well, but if you zoom in you can see pale upperwingcoverts. I think they're Stock Doves.

Really? I can't zoom in that far here at work, but all I see is light along the edges of the birds, which is just a photographic artifact.

Really? I can't zoom in that far here at work, but all I see is light along the edges of the birds, which is just a photographic artifact.

Maybe just that, but if you look group of three bottom right it's probably not just an artifact.

I don't think it's reliable to go on any apparent markings in this photo, but I think there are more birds in the photo that look Stock Dove shaped than Jackdaw shaped, the the ones that look more Jackdaw shaped seem to be those on the upstroke with the wings slightly more pushed forward and spread. I'd go with Stock Dove too if I had to put a name to them (thank God views in life aren't like this though eh? ;))

Jan

Jackdaws for me, as well, the three birds in the bottom right hand corner are 'classic' Jackdaw shape. The tails are proportionally too long for Stock Doves.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back