• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding by Points 2010 (1 Viewer)

Hi David,

Caspian Gull is duplicated on my list (dunno about others)

i'm on 1570 (without self-found) need to go through that and add up still

Hi Jacana, thanks for pointing this out, it is true that this is on everybody's spreadsheet. If you want, you can carefully remove the extra one (click on the number of the row on the left, right click and hit delete).

Thanks for the updates everyone

1 SEAN F 1645
2 JACANA 1570
3 DARK KNIGHT 1520
4 THE DEVIL BIRD 1505
5 PETE MELLA 1220
6 MIDLANDS BIRDER 1365

31 year ticks in Norfolk yesterday (plus a few last week) brings me up to 1790. Highlights - velvet scoter, mealy redpoll, snow bunting, spotted redshank, barnacle goose, white-fronted goose, marsh harrier, common scoter, eider, grey plover and many, many more!

Last edited:
Sorry I havent been updating, but not many other people were, and I didn't want to turn this thread into a list of only my birds.

After a slow start thanks to the snow, I have been able to get out and about, and efficiently have caught up with my 'last years self'. The main event being a short break in Norfolk.

Highlights have been Green-winged Teal, Crane, Great White Egret, Great Grey Shrike, Ferruginous Duck, and Caspian Gull. Also self-found Hen Harrier and Red-necked Grebe.

New total 2750.

Am I too perhaps too keen? Don't worry, come next winter I shall have nothing to see, and you'll all catch me up!

1630 with self founds added (Hen Harrier, GN & BT Divers, BN Grebe, Bittern and Merlin)

other hightlights include Water Pipit (lifer), Cetti's Warbler, Firecrest, Black Redstart & Smew

Thanks for the updates. I haven't had the time to update my score yet . . .

1 SEAN F 2795
2 PETE MELLA 1790
3 JACANA 1735
4 DARK KNIGHT 1570
5 THE DEVIL BIRD 1505
6 MIDLANDS BIRDER 1365

Up to 2125. Latest - Great White Egret, Ring-necked Duck, Slavonian Grebe, Mediterranean Gull, Bean Goose, Long-tailed Duck, Black Grouse, Gannet, Fulmar, Shag, Purple Sandpiper, Red-throated Diver and Woodcock.

Thanks for the updates. Pariah, email me at [email protected] and I will reply with the spreadsheet attached.

1 SEAN F 2970 latest: Dusky Warbler, Jack Snipe, self found Black-throated Diver
2 PETE MELLA 2125 latest: Great White Egret, Ring-necked Duck, Slavonian Grebe, Med Gull, Bean Goose, Long-tailed Duck, Black Grouse, Gannet, Fulmar, Shag, Purple Sand, Red-throated Diver, Woodcock
3 JACANA 1735
4 DARK KNIGHT 1605 latest: Spotted Redshank, Black-tailed Godwit
5 THE DEVIL BIRD 1505
6 MIDLANDS BIRDER 1365

3015 points for me in eire.

Highlights for me so far include Blue Winged Teal, Glossy Ibis, Long Billed Dowitcher, Pied billed grebe, Bonapartes gull (self found), Lesser Scaup (self found), Green winged Teal (self found) and a few other scarcities (Glaucous, Iceland, Water pipit etc self found).

Not sure how to count the Baikal Teal. 2nd irish? 90 points?

Owen

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back