• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sweden, Gotland, 13th of Oct 2011. Red Kite? (1 Viewer)

Rookie123

Hi,
Followed this one in 70 km/h with my car and camera for about 2 miles along the coast.
Managed to get a few pics without crashing the car (but it was close!).
Is it a red kite/milvus milvus?
Im extremely new to birding, so very likely this is something more common and less exiting... :)

Attachments

• hoburgen 13 okt 2011 (a2 184).jpg
    hoburgen 13 okt 2011 (a2 184).jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 62
  • hoburgen 13 okt 2011 (a2 254).png
    hoburgen 13 okt 2011 (a2 254).png
    288.7 KB · Views: 51
Great stuff. So sick. This forum is EXACTLY what rookies like me need. Thanks for ultrafast reply!

And by the way. Im so new that the defitions of "exiting" for me is pretty wide... If its not a crow or a common gull - it's exiting!

Last edited:
by the way. Im so new that the defitions of "exiting" for me is pretty wide... If its not a crow or a common gull - it's exiting!

Common gull ist quite exciting in Luxembourg :eek!:

It's a juvenile Red Kite, look at the whitish tips of breast and vent

and keep being excited! :t:

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back