• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I'm Getting Back Into Birding & Nature Viewing! Best Binoculars? -Sarah (1 Viewer)

in the title line the poster adds "Sarah" at the end to grab the attention of the goofballs that stumble all over themselves to help out the female....but its most likely a troll having its demented version of fun....whatever...

Bob,

I am with gun nut on this one, smelling the roses and no follow up?

Maljunulo, I know you have an appropriate quote for this one.

Andy w.

...You may be able to visit a store like Cabelas in Kansas City and try out a few 8x42 binoculars while there. Cabelas usually has a number of Nikon 8x42s in different price ranges from about $100.00 through $400.00 that you can try out and they may also have some Bushnells.

Good Luck,

Bob

Sarah (or Any Newbie-as it may be),

Agree with Bob!!!

Take the great suggestions presented in all the post and with any knowledge you can gain, spend a little shopping time and "see for yourself" what You may like and be comfortable with!

Santa's Helper... ;)

Ted

Jeepers folks, are you serious? If I were the OP, I'd be terrified. I never knew that posting to an online forum entailed such obligation to reply. We're neck deep in conspiracy theories about much more important things these days. No need to speculate on reasons for no follow-up on a simple innocent post to a random on-line forum.

The original post was the first post of someone new to BirdForum who didn't even know to ask it in the Binocular Forum. Have you ever considered that she posted the query one day, maybe found the info she wanted elsewhere on the same day, maybe found a bin she liked before checking back, and has simply moved on to other things in life?

The value of answering posts on BirdForum isn't just to help the OP, it's to provide a resource for anyone now or in the future with a similar question. Some of the answers in this thread serve that end.

--AP

I know you have an appropriate quote for this one.

Andy w.

'They give birth astride a grave. The Light gleams an instant, and it is Dark once more.' (Samuel Beckett)

What Sammy omitted to inform us of was the light transmission or colour rendition. But I'm sure he was busy what with the whole Existentialism thing.;)

Jeepers folks, are you serious? If I were the OP, I'd be terrified. I never knew that posting to an online forum entailed such obligation to reply. We're neck deep in conspiracy theories about much more important things these days. No need to speculate on reasons for no follow-up on a simple innocent post to a random on-line forum.

The original post was the first post of someone new to BirdForum who didn't even know to ask it in the Binocular Forum. Have you ever considered that she posted the query one day, maybe found the info she wanted elsewhere on the same day, maybe found a bin she liked before checking back, and has simply moved on to other things in life?

The value of answering posts on BirdForum isn't just to help the OP, it's to provide a resource for anyone now or in the future with a similar question. Some of the answers in this thread serve that end.

--AP

Are you a little tense today?

You heard about the Indian Chief who made an appointment with a Psychiatrist because he didn't know whether he was a Wigwam or a Tepee?

The Psychiatrist told him to relax because he was "two tents.":-O3:):-O3:)

Bob

Why can't you hear psychiatrists when they use the bathroom?
Because the 'p' is silent.........

Thank you, and good night.

Lee

Why can't you hear psychiatrists when they use the bathroom?
Because the 'p' is silent.........

Thank you, and good night.

Lee
Ha! Ha!

And, how many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?

Three, and the light bulb has to want to change...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back