• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Problem with Pixel Oppilas UC1 wireless shutter on Oly OMD EM10 (1 Viewer)

fdokykcu

I've just received a Pixel Oppilas UC1 wireless shutter for Olympus via Amazon. It is made up of two pieces, a 2.4 GHz sensor which goes into the flash bracket and a wireless shutter, with a connection cable running from the sensor to the camera body. The unit is the same for several DLRS: is the connecting cable that changes to suit the camera brands. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CJ5TYFA/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00QNSCRWM&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=B8MT7VKNH883MYH2XGZB

It works ok (i.e. it shots when depressed) but the problem I have found is that as soon you plug the 9-pin end of the cable to the camera body both the LCD and the viewfinder go black. Of course, that makes the system unsuitable for digiscoping. That happens even if you just put plug the 9-pin end, even without setting the sensor in the flash bracket or connecting the other end of the cable to the sensor. Thats why I think is a problem of the cable, not of the unit.

Until now I was using a wire remote shutter release, which plugs in the same hub, without any problem (LCD and viewfinder ok)

I wonder if anybody suffered this problem or a similar one when using generic wireless shutters

I answer to myself just in case anyone has a similar problem or doubt.

I ordered a new unit and I works properly on OMD EM10. The source of the problem turned out to be a broken/bad wired conneting cable in the original unit.

I'll post again after some use to report how it works for digiscoping

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back