• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Petition for more protections for the UK's raptors. (1 Viewer)

This from the e petitions website.

How can others in my family sign a petition on the same computer?

To preserve the integrity of the petition and to prevent inadvertent re-signs, we block multiple signatures from individual accounts. If more than one person is signing from a single computer, you may see a note that says "Oops! Hi John Doe! Our records indicate you have already signed this petition. If you are not John Doe , please click here to sign the petition." Click on that link, to enable another person sharing your computer to sign.

Even if no one else uses your computer, you may still see that message if the link you clicked to view the petition was forwarded to you by someone who copied the url of the page after signing the petition. In this case, our database might think you have already signed. As noted above, just click the link to sign the petition.

10 days since anyone even replied to this thread, if we don't care then the Hen Harrier is doomed!:C

Over 100,000 members on BF (OK not all UK based I know) and this hasn't reached 5,000 yet. Like Clive said...

I reckon threads that become bitchfests about certain well known birders get far more attention.

Signed and bumped.

Isn't there a more effective way of grouping e-petitions on Birdforum? With the number of members on here it would be a significant voice if we were able to run down a list of petitions and choose which ones we would like to sign.

Regardless of peoples nationalities I still believe a signature carries weight on conservation issues, as conservation is a global issue. Especially as international Eco-tourism needs promoting as a way of preserving wildlife in an economically beneficial way, over more environmentally destructive livelihoods.

I agree wholeheartedly!
Maybe our technical experts could find a means of resolving this into a more accessible and comprehensive format?

Signed and bumped.

Isn't there a more effective way of grouping e-petitions on Birdforum? With the number of members on here it would be a significant voice if we were able to run down a list of petitions and choose which ones we would like to sign.

Regardless of peoples nationalities I still believe a signature carries weight on conservation issues, as conservation is a global issue. Especially as international Eco-tourism needs promoting as a way of preserving wildlife in an economically beneficial way, over more environmentally destructive livelihoods.

Just saw this petition (and signed it) in RSPB's eLetter. There seems to be a steady trickle of signings as it is now moving towards 8,000 - but a long way to go to get the HoC debate trigger of 100,000.

Those of you who are "38degrees" members, or "Avaaz" members could ask those organisations to promote this petition.

Meanwhile, why not 'spam' the other forums on Birdforums with this. I'll make a start with a post on the Ringing and Banding thread where I habitually hang out.

Last edited:
Yes, I have requested help on the 38 Degrees website, John.
Every little helps.

Just saw this petition (and signed it) in RSPB's eLetter. There seems to be a steady trickle of signings as it is now moving towards 8,000 - but a long way to go to get the HoC debate trigger of 100,000.

Those of you who are "38degrees" members, or "Avaaz" members could ask those organisations to promote this petition.

Meanwhile, why not 'spam' the other forums on Birdforums with this. I'll make a start with a post on the Ringing and Banding thread where I habitually hang out.

I've just read something about where this has already been brought in in Scotland and apparently it will still be a valid defence for the land owner to be shown to have not known about the offences commited and taken reasonable steps to prevent it.
So doesnt that basically just mean all they have to do is say ''I didnt know he was doing it i told him not to'' and they'd get away with it?

Isnt that just the situation that we have now making this whole thing rather pointless?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back