• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird of Prey - Cornwall (1 Viewer)

Thanks for that, I saved this picture until after, because ( again) in my Collins guide I couldn't see anything other than a Kestrel that looked a similar colour.. obviously being a beginner easily confused ;-)

Attachments

• bp2.jpg
    bp2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 82
I'm really confused then, because my first sighting was the second picture, I was taking pictures for about 5 minutes, getting nearer and nearer, when someone walked up behind me and clearly needed to pass .. so the bird flew off. I tracked the bird all the way, taking the first picture once in flight.

I'm really confused then, because my first sighting was the second picture, I was taking pictures for about 5 minutes, getting nearer and nearer, when someone walked up behind me and clearly needed to pass .. so the bird flew off. I tracked the bird all the way, taking the first picture once in flight.

100% different birds. Bird in flight Peregrine, bird at rest Kestrel. Just look at the head pattern.

John

Birds have a tendency to confuse us! I remember watching a Great Spotted Woodpecker at the top of tree - it flew off, then a few seconds later was back again...only this time it was a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker :)
David

Nice surprise, capturing a Peregrine in action by accident! I can't get a good one when I'm trying. Bird seems to have a good full crop.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back