• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Unfeathered Bird has almost fledged (1 Viewer)

Book Signing!

For those of you in the UK, I'll be signing the very first copies of The Unfeathered Bird at the SWLA exhibition at the Mall Galleries on the 8th November.

I must have been a strange girl then...

Me too Katrina :-O Even at 44 years of age I still see the occasional dead animal or bird and think ''Mmmm wonder if I can get that skull off it?'' :-O SO FAR I haven't got around to boiling it up (or whatever way you clean bones) in Neil's precious Stella Pans on the cooker ;)

Looking forward to your book too......will definitely point Neil in it's direction as he always asks for a list of 'possibles' for Christmas ;) And as I plan to stop procrastinating and just START to draw birds and wildlife instead of just talking about it I can see your book being a very welcome (and handy!) adition to my bookcase :king:

You're more than welcome, Paschalis. I really admire anyone who can draw like that.

And Gill - you're never too old to play with road kill! But it's best to take the whole skeleton and not just the skull. That way you won't disappoint the next wildlife artist who comes along and finds only a headless corpse. Speaking from experience - you can tell!

:-O Yes, I think picking the whole body up and sticking it in the boot to take home would be better than trying to dismember it in situ.......if only to avoid funny looks from passing motorists and, most likely, having to attempt to explain what I'm doing to any curious police ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back