• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Computer doodles for those that can't paint! (1 Viewer)

bobwoodcock said:
I wish I could really paint !!!!!!
So what's actually happening here, Bob? - Is it a photograph which you've manipulated in Photoshop (using stylize tools) or what? (Cos if it's a 'real' painting - you ought to be exhibiting!). I'd like to know what you're doing, please. Cheers - Tim

timwootton said:
So what's actually happening here, Bob? - Is it a photograph which you've manipulated in Photoshop (using stylize tools) or what? (Cos if it's a 'real' painting - you ought to be exhibiting!). I'd like to know what you're doing, please. Cheers - Tim
Yes Tim, it's been manipulated with photoshop,I really envy people who can turn out something like that with real paint.

ed keeble said:
Good point on the vivid green- it's the background colour which I use so I can see where the edge of the bird is, rather than an artistic choice. So I didn't think to switch it off- when I get a chance I will repost with something more in keeping. (I see Dave B's plover acquired a rather subtle background shade last time we saw it.)

As per Tim's polite suggestion, here's a less virulently backgrounded version of the Hawfinch. I've kept a couple of stages along the way on this one and these are posted here along with a couple of others for anyone interested in the techniques used.

http://edkeeble.smugmug.com/Computer painting tutorials

There must be something less lofty to call them than tutorials but that'll do for the moment.

Attachments

• brownhawfinchmasterUntitled-1.jpg
    brownhawfinchmasterUntitled-1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 106
Wow, this is great (the tutorial) Ed,

Just what I need at the moment. I'm working on a couple of of digital doodles - the plover and a minivet, but they do take quite a while. I worked for much of yesterday, on and off, on the minivet.

Now I might try again using the techniques you suggest.

Cheers

Dave

ed keeble said:
As per Tim's polite suggestion, here's a less virulently backgrounded version of the Hawfinch. I've kept a couple of stages along the way on this one and these are posted here along with a couple of others for anyone interested in the techniques used.

http://edkeeble.smugmug.com/Computer painting tutorials

There must be something less lofty to call them than tutorials but that'll do for the moment.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back