• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vortex Razor HD 85mm & digiscoping (1 Viewer)

Mick50

Is anyone digiscoping with the Razor 85mm and a DSLR?

I have a Canon 60D and use a 300mm fixed lens w/ 1.4 extender to get me to 420mm.

I'd love to try digiscoping with the extra length but have not seen many examples using Vortex (I see a lot of work using Swarovski and Kowa).

Thanks!

Hi Mick.

I bought a Vortex 85mm and the pricey official digiscoping add-on camera attachment thingy back in 2013. I've yet to do any real scoping with it because I didn't like the DSLR's weight hanging off the bank and haven't been able to find a suitably point-and-shoot to use instead.

I'm hopeful Santa will bring me a mirrorless camera that can be neatly threaded onto the adapter. We'll see :)

I have a Swarovski 65 ed scope with camera attachment which I used to use with a Coolpix 4500 camera. I also used an Olympus 3000 tough camera. both were ok. 3x cameras. I only took pics on 20x . with blipping up could take me to 60x.pretty frustrating most of the time, although I did get some good dragonfly pics.subject MUST be static.

Hi Patkin,

My intention was never to get "good" shots, just to get clean and clear shots of rare shorebirds and waterfowl for ID purposes. In that sense I'm sure it will be fine. For real bird photos it's giant $10,000 telephoto lens or bust!

(I'm in the "or bust" category! haha)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back