• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Chris Pendleton's bird art (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone, I'm a birdwatcher and bird artist and look forward to chatting with other artists here.

I try to work quickly in watercolour as it's the best way I've found to express birds' quick-silver vitality. This tiercel peregrine posed nicely at a falconry centre in Bedfordshire recently.

www.pendleton.co.uk

Attachments

• peregrine-copy.jpg
    peregrine-copy.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 218
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. Very nice work here and on the website, light, liquid, and lovely. Look forward to seeing more.

Mike

Eagle Owl

Way too long since I've been on here but I've been doing much more sketching and painting recently after a busy summer, so I'll try and add a few things occasionally. Some of these small watercolours are going into a mixed exhibition of wildlife art here in Northamptonshire later in the year - I'll link to it when it opens

So much of the work on this forum is absolutely stunning by the way. Great to see and really inspiring.

Attachments

• Eagleowl.jpg
    Eagleowl.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Another couple of loose watercolours. A hawk owl from last year's falconry centre visit and a male chaffinch sketched at distance through a scope in my garden. He was right at the top of a larch tree.

Attachments

• hawkowlsketch.jpg
    hawkowlsketch.jpg
    911.4 KB · Views: 103
  • treetopchaff.jpg
    treetopchaff.jpg
    732.5 KB · Views: 130
I'm a little late seeing this post but I must agree with the others, your quick watercolors are very nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back